“1/3 of tours cancelled, other tours sad”

Turkish Heritage Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #23 of 102 Tours in Goreme
Macon, Georgia
112 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“1/3 of tours cancelled, other tours sad”
Reviewed 9 December 2010

Not really set up to support a lot of tours. Recommend using other agencies unless you want to scramble to find things to do after they cancel your tours.

Specifically, we provided a list of things we would like to see and do while in Goreme and allowed Heritage to schedule the trips. Here was the outcome:

- Balloon ride: Scheduled, then received call at 8:30pm the night before cancelling the trip and asking to reschedule for a different day. Luckily our stay was for 4 days, so we did reschedule. On the day of ballooning we were delayed several hours, then had a tour of about 45 minutes that ended in a rush as the other people on the tour had to catch a flight. No champagne or signed certificates were presented.
- Tour of Rose Valley, Pottery Center, Winery: Executed as scheduled, but disappointing. The "wine tasting" was conducted in about 5 minutes at a wine store. We hurriedly sampled 3 wines, and were told they didn't have other wines available to sample, instead you would have to buy a bottle to try anything else.
- Whirling Dervishes: After confirming the departure time in the morning, we enjoyed the day in Zelve and then returned to shower and change for the tour. When we showed up to wait for the tour, we were notified that there were not enough people scheduled to go, so they cancelled the tour.

We regret using Heritage Tours for scheduling events. We didn not provide them any time requirements, and yet they failed to provide one third of the "must-see" things we had asked for (but not without promising they would provide them).

As we left, we were charged for all the tours, then handed cash for the cancelled tour.

12 Thank Sweagle97

• Turkish first
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Rely on them for every aspect of your trip!”
Reviewed 11 November 2010

I started dealing with Turkish Heritage Tours months before my trip by email. They were very patient and prompt in returning multiple emails with pricing, dates etc. They were based right at the hotel I was staying and I relied on them heavily during my trip. Booked a horsebackriding tour, History and adventure tour, whirling dervishes show and transfers to and from the airport. They were so organized and very personal. Ali even helped me change my flight, although I had booked it myself. Don't miss the history and adventure tour. I'm not usually much for touring but this covered all the highlights without lengthy bus rides. The guide was one of the best i've had. Had my own private horsebackdriding tour! Alittle scary going downhill, but beautiful and personal. I would have skipped the whirling dervishes show if I did it again.

i wish I could bring this tour company home with me to arrange all my future travel everywhere! They were top notch, knowledgeable, patient, friendly and I was especially impressed with the communication before my trip.

Portland, Oregon
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Best place to base your Cappadocia adventures. Highly recommend Heritage Travel”
Reviewed 7 October 2010

We had an excellent time staying in Goreme as there was such a variety of things to do. We horseback rode the first day to explore the valleys, as well as took a hot air balloon ride, trekked, and saw underground cities.

Heritage Travel was very professional, prompt and accurate with communication, and helpful. I would recommend them for booking any of your adventures (we did the horseback riding through them out of a ranch in Goreme owned by Ekrem Ilhan (the "horse whisperer" featured in Lonely Planet). The horses were well kept and enjoyable to ride and the trail we took varied and fun.