“Great service”

Ranked #15 of 74 Goreme B&B and Inns
Frankfurt, Germany
“Great service”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights and the two guys working there, Orhan and Sonar really made a difference. They helped us with everything from arranging tours, to hotair balloon to organizing airport shuttles, and were always extremely patient with all our requests and really take the time and effort to help us out.
The rooms were very cute and rustic. Bed was firm and clean. We had a great view of a fairy chimney valley just from our window it was quite magical. The hotel has a terriace over looking the city and you could see hotair balloons rising in the morning if you get up early enough. There's a cute family restaurant just few seconds down the street that serves decent food, and its a 15 mins walk down to main city centre.
Overall a great experience. Only caveat is that the room is bit small - little space left after laying down all our suitcases. The washroom also bit small, with just enough space to fit everything in. If that doesn't concern you, then this hotel is perfect for u.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Roma
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I spent 2 nights in this hotel, and I trustfully can say that this is the best hotel in Goreme. The rooms are comfortable and very very pretty. The staff is friendly and always kinds and available for any needs. More over there is a terrace where it's possible to admire an amazing sunset or sunrise. I want to say thanks to the staff of Torquaz Cave Hotel for the unforgivable stay I had.
If I return to Goreme I would book this hotel for sure.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Overall it was a really nice experience. I loved the turquaz hotel. The owner was really helpful. I recommended to everyone who wants to visit goreme and wants a good and clean hotel. Goreme is in the center of kapadokya so I recommended to everyone stay in the goreme rather than staying in the urgup or uchisar.

• Stayed May 2013
Istanbul
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We are a family of 4 and stayed for 3 nights at the Turquaz. We had two adjoining rooms that were perfect. We visited in March and were worried the cave rooms would be cold but they were toasty warm, shower and bathroom really good with all the shamposs, conditioners etc one would expect from a 4 star hotel let alone a guest house like this - and the best thing of all were the beds which were amazingly firm and comfortable. We slept like logs every night!.To top it all off we were served the most charming of Turkish breakfasts in the mornings. Orhan and Ahmet were perfect hosts, very friendly, extremely helpful and unendingly patient while I practised my very limited Turkish!. The children loved it too and I'd recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 637helens
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the cave hotel in Goreme and Mustafa, the owner, made our stay enjoyable.

We went with my in-laws and had two rooms next to each other on the 1st floor (2nd floor US). One faced the courtyard, and the second faced the street in the back. They were a good size and comfortable, although the bathrooms were a little small. The room facing the back also seemed to have a sewage issue as the bathroom smelled, but the room facing the courtyard did not have this problem.

The breakfast was great, traditional Turkish breakfast. We got to chat with fellow travelers and Mustafa, who was kind enough to help me with my Turkish. He also helped us to book a few excursions, including a visit to the underground cities and a hammam. When my in-laws expressed their desire to get some of the rose jam served at breakfast, Mustafa got it for them.

The location is good - it's a bit of a walk to the open air museum, but only 15-20 minutes.

Overall - great value, friendly management. Sounds like the updates will help make it even better.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Izmir, Turkey
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights and we really loved the hotel. It is very close to center and has a great view from its terrace. Rooms are big enough and very clean and the price is reasonable despite its characteristics. The staff is very helpful and warm. If you want to have a relaxing holiday you should stay here.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank duyguuz
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 24 January 2013

My trip to Goreme was in the summer of 2012. I'm reviewing those pics now in Jan 2013, my memory of Tekkaya is just so GOOD that I think I must write a review to thank Mustafa for his warm hospitality.

Before visiting Goreme, my husband and I were in Pamukkale. After an exhausting (but lovely!) day there, we took a 10-hr overnight shuttle to Goreme. We arrived Goreme at around 8, people at the tourist info. centre helped us make a call to Tekkaya. Mustafa came to pick us up in 5 minutes. I first worried if the guesthouse is a bit far away, but it was just a two-minute ride to the guesthouse from the centre. For the rest of our stay, we just walked. Once you're familiar with the way, it's actually just a 10-min walk from the centre.

A day in Pamukkale plus a long overnight ride, we looked terrible and smelt bad!! While waiting for the check-in in the restaurant, seeing other travellers were enjoying their lovely breakfast, I was thinking to myself that it would be wonderful if I could take a slice of watermelon...

Mustafa was just so nice! He offered us Turkish tea and asked us to have breakfast while he was processing those papers. We came here a lot earlier than the check-in time, pick-up service available in 5 minutes and we were even offered an extra breakfast, how could this be possible?! But these really happened in Tekkaya~

Mustafa knew that we had a long ride the day before and immediately brought us to our room after breakfast. Before he left, he even asked us to take a shower and a nap before exploring the place~ Whenever you need his help, he's always around. He may 'look cool', but he's actually very friendly and nice. From asking us to try the Turkish yoghurt, the scenic spots around, the history of his guesthouse... we even talked about how often he went to take a Turkish bath!!

The room is a REAL cave house with traditional Turkish decoration. The guesthouse is surrounded by those funny chimneys, so the view of our room is very nice. Everything is CLEAN! The shower is good. At first I wonder why there is no air-con as it was really hot in the day, but after sunset, I know why. There is NO such need for that, even it is August!

Don't miss the terrace of the guesthouse. At night, my hubby and I went up there. There are countless of stars!!!!! We even saw a shooting star. It's such a romantic memory!!

We joined two tours through Mustafa. One is the hot air balloon and another is a day tour around Goreme. We even went to take a Turkish bath as Mustafa recommended. Both are very good!!

Since our overnight bus to Istanbul leave at eight, we spent the day at the Open Air Museum. Mustafa was so nice that he allowed us to use the bathroom after a long hot day before we left!!

With such great hospitality and a reasonable price, I highly recommend everyone who is going to Goreme to stay in Tekkaya. Hope some day I can revisit and will definitely stay there again!! Thank you so much Mustafa!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
tch2013, オーナー at Turquaz Cave Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Thank you for staying TEKKAYA GUESTHOUSE. We changed hotels name "TEKKAYA GUEST HOUSE" to "Turquaz Cave Hotel". When you come here again, please find us. Thanks.