“A great activity in Cappadocia, but...”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Oz Cappadocia

Oz Cappadocia
Ranked #37 of 79 Outdoor Activities in Goreme
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Oz Cappadocia is the oldest and the most experienced rental agent in Goreme, Cappadocia. From bicycles to jeeps, Oz Cappadocia has so many different options for your rental needs in Cappadocia. Oz Cappadocia has 2 offices in Goreme Town, one in central Goreme Town, second down the town. We started our second office to make it safer for your ATV activities as the regular traffic in Goreme Town would be dangerous to start tours. You can alsa try yourself in our racecourse to see if you can ride an ATV, or not. Oz Cappadocia would also love to help you for your other travel needs such as regular tours, private tours, bike tours, walking tours, hot air ballooning tours and Jeep safaris.
Bengaluru, India
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“A great activity in Cappadocia, but...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

This was one of my worst experiences I had in Turkey, and also one of the best in some respects. The bad part was from the amateur way the tour was handled by the company.
It started off with a beat-up car picking us up from the hotel. We were then given an even more beat-up 125cc ATV.

Only protective gear was a helmet. ATV's ride as a group and the ones in front kick-up dust, loose sand and gravel. Riding goggles would go a long way. We were a group of about 10 lead by a guide on a beat up motorcycle. Consequently, the pace was rather sedate. The base camp was towards the outskirts of town (they do have a big office in the middle of Goreme). The entire staff seemed to be in the late teens or early twenties. The whole experience was unprofessional and seems like something patched together somehow.

Apart from the hassles mentioned above, the ATV ride will allow you some great views of the valley up close. We also spent about a half hour catching the sunset, and it was fantastic. In my opinion, with the right equipment and a private guide, ATV ride is a must-do in Cappadocia.

This was part of a 2 week vacation to Greece and Turkey. in Greece, we covered the islands of Santorini and Mykonos, as well as some fascinating spots in mainland Greece such as Meteora.
In turkey, we were in Istanbul and Cappadocia.

I have tried and captured detailed information on hotels, locations/attractions visited, costs and services used, at the following blog:

Visited July 2014

Milan, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Dishonest”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Beware when you rent bikes. They don't explain the conditions, you don't sign any contracts. But when you return the bikes if you had problems (like flat tires, brakes...) they apply fees and you have to pay to repair THEIR bikes.
They said that nobody asks to sign contracts in Turkey but for sure they have to inform their customers before giving the bikes that if you have problems you have to pay, so you can decide.

They were alsovery unhelpful in giving information (bike paths, routes, suggestions..) and very aggressive when I didn't want to pay extra fees for a flat tire of a bad bike.
Stay away from Oz Cappadocia.

Visited August 2014
5 Thank saimonmays
Ankara, Turkey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not worth the money.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We booked a three hour sunset tour the day before, which included the guide, fuel, and was supposed to include champagne and snacks. When we arrived, it was disorganized (unlike the day of scheduling), our guide hardly spoke English and mumbled... we would stop, he would say something, and walk off to get cay for the 19th time. We had no idea what we were looking at half the time, or why we were stopping. What we did know, was because of what we learned on our balloon ride the day before. Halfway through, my ATV ran out of gas. Even though we paid for fuel. So we had to wait 30 minutes for someone to deliver more. No sorry, no anything. I speak a little Turkish and can understand a lot, and they were talking as if it were MY fault, like I had syphoned it out or something. Then we got to the sunset point too early, and no treats. We didn't sign up for the champagne, but that would have been a nice plus! They don't provide any training prior, and there are some steep slopes, so be aware if you've never driven one before. If you rent from them, you're better off not doing a tour.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Alicia H
Misawa, Japan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“They need to have rules on their excursions ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

My family of four booked a sunset ATV tour and was very happy about the price. ATVs are large vehicles that require the operator to be safe and cooperative. The group that was included in our tour had very rambunctious adults that made our trip horrible. They would hit the biggest patches of dune sand and swerve in front of everyone spraying dirt in everyone's faces. Our kids were very scared due to these rambunctious men driving erratically and arguing with our guide making us miss our sunset. If no rules are set, people that are actually sight seeing will not be able to enjoy what they paid for. If English was fluent with the owners I would ask for a partial return of money, not only for missing the sunset, but for our guide actually leaving us behind leaving 2 families to fend for themselves in the valley, but it's not worth the language barrier on arguing. If they allow unsafe erratic driving then there should be a notice or a tour just for them. Thank you for a bunch of dirt in our faces.

2 Thank Cristal D
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lovely staffs, great experience@”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I rented the motorbike for 2 days, started exploring and travelling around Cappadocia. except for it, I did not arrange any tour.
When I saw the great view, I just stopped at a point for a while, took pictures and my time. It was so quiet, and beautiful. I loved it!
Even though I drove without map, but it was easy to ride and It was just a great experience.
Of course I also had an ATV sunset tour. REALLY RECOMMEND to take ATV tour!! It was just amazing!!
And the staffs!
They are so crazy, but kind and funny. If you have a time, just talk to them. Then you will make great nice local friends there.
Love Oz cappadocia!