Terra Cave Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsturkeythe ownerfriendly hostsdelicious breakfastthe hotel staffstayed for two nightslovely hotelrooms were very cleanballoon ridelocation was perfectbutterfly balloonsclose to townevery morningyogurtwarm hospitalityhome away from homethe bus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 November 2011

My family and I were visiting Istanbul from the US and decided to take a 2 day excursion to Cappadocia. We booked our tour to Cappadocia from Istanbul, and our tour guide recommended Terra Cave Hotel, telling us it was one of the best cave hotels in Cappadocia - he was a 100% right. We arrived early in the morning, and our room was not (at the time) ready - the previous guest had not checked out. Nihal was extremely accommodating and helpful - she kept our bags and showed upstairs to the dining room where we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast. She also contacted our tour company to find out when they would pick us up for our tour and when our driver arrived, she personally came to get us. When we returned in the evening, Nihal was waiting to show us to our lovely, clean, and charming room. The room was fairly large, cozy, with wonderful quaint furninshings. The best way to describe the room would be to say it has old world charm with modern amenities. The following day, Nihal was just as helpful and friendly. We had another full day tour, and she gave us helpful tips on where to buy things, where to eat, etc... Our flight back to Istanbul was late that evening and we had some time to spare before we left for the airport. She spent time with us telling us about Cappadocia, about herself, and giving us some history about the hotel itself and how it came about. We truely enjoyed our magical time in Cappadocia, made all the more better by meeting Nihal.

If you are interested in experiencing something lovely and magical, I would highly recommend coming to Cappadocia, and to make your stay there all the more special you should stay at the Terra Cave Hotel. Nihal will welcome you with a lovely smile, and you will always remember your time (well spent) there.

Room Tip: Nihal gave us a tour of all the rooms available - all of them were lovely.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I and my husband stayed 3 nights in this lovely boutique hotel last week. Besides its cleanliness and spacious comfy rooms, owner Nihal's friendly manners and smiling face made and everything perfect. Fireplace in our rooms also made us relax and enjoy the magical atmosphere of Cappadocia in the evenings. The hotel also helps arranging balloon tour, sightseeing tours and airport transfers on demand. In my opinion, Goreme is the best place to stay in Cappadocia and I definitely recommend Terra Cave hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fulykara
Reviewed 4 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here during a weekend getaway from Istanbul. As soon as we arrived, we were treated well and shown to our lovely room. It exceeded our expectations in every way. The cave had a very cozy, warm, and quaint feel, but it was also surprisingly modern (in a good way). There was a fireplace carved into the rock, which we fired up on the second night. Delightful!

The breakfast was great and the staff was helpful. They organized a balloon ride for us on Butterfly Balloons, which permits a maximum of 12 passengers. It was absolutely magical.

We had a great time in this unique hotel, and we hope to stay there again for another weekend in the spring. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laurel G
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Has the best we must want in a hotel in Capadocia:

Cleen and big rooms, everyone of them with big and very confortable beds, fireplace, living room. Ecelent decoration from the Owner, the nice and smiling Nihal.

The rooms ar really the best, in a place where you walk a lot during the day in the valleys or villages, and when you come back home at 6p.m. you canbe at the fireplace resting and reading.

Cozy and small hotel, not more than 8 rooms, but thats a good thing. Not too much crowded.

The breakfast is wonderfull.

The decoration of the entire hotel is excelent. Very good for couples and family.

Good luck dear Nihal!

Excelent work for 6 months.

When I'll get back I will be staying here for sure.

I saw many other good hotels (they are very nice too) but i prefer this cozy one.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I stay three nights at Terra Cave with my wife and my parents (old people).
The hotel: new and very clean
The cave rooms: beautiful and very cosy
The breakfest: normal like any boutique hotel (few options).
The service: not so good. Unfortunelly i've choosed this hotel by tripadvisor and expected the good recomendations of Pinar, but she wasn't there during my stay.

Problems:
1. Balloon ride
In the first night i asked to the reception woman to confirm my balloon ride for the next morning or the day after next morning.
For my surprise, they told me that the company (voyager balloons) cancelled my reserve. And they reserve a new ride with other company (butterfly balloons). I was very sad because i'd like to do a deluxe program, with only 8 people/basket (instead a 16 people/basket on butterfly balloons).
So after this night i sent a email to voyager balloons, asking for a reason to cancel my reserve. And for my surprise, again, they told me that my reserve was not cancel.
I don't know the reason and why this mistake occurs.
So i had to cancel again the new reserve with butterfly and the hotel was not happy to do that.

2. My parents make a small damage on a bedside lamp. The hotel charged us 20 EUR. I travel a lot and never had to pay for any small damage. And i think it's overpriced after look at the stores in Goreme.

• Stayed: October 2011
7  Thank leonmasi
TerraCaveHotel, Owner at Terra Cave Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear Leonardo,

It was a pleasure for us to host you and your family during your stay in Cappadocia. We are very sorry to see your review on tripadvisor because it seems like you had the wrong impression about us. We never meant to deceive you about your balloon flight. You were there when we called Voyager Balloons twice asking about your reservation, and they did not have it so we recommended you another company (which is by the way one of the best in Cappadocia), and when later you said they had a reservation at Voyager Balloons for you, although it was a late cancellation, Butterfly Balloons cancelled your booking without any charges. Later we did talk to Voyager Balloons manager and he accepted his mistake and apologized from us, but they did not mention a thing to you. Please contact them to verify the truth.

As for the lamp broken in the room, we charged you the actual cost of the lamp which we just had bought. If you like we can send you a receipt of the purchase. We never meant to cheat or deceive you in anyway during your stay. We would love to have you back as well.

Kind regards,