“Best pottery kebab in Goreme”
Review of Anatolian Kitchen

Anatolian Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Goreme
Price range: US$1 - US$11
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The lamb pottery kebab was the tastiest and most tender we had in Goreme (and we ate many). The waiters usually let you crack open the pottery yourself with an enormous knife.

I would also strongly recommend the aubergine stuffed with lamb which was a triumph and we noticed many other diners ordering the same.

Don't sit in the comfy chairs too long or you will fall asleep!

Anatoliakitchencafe, Sahibi at Anatolian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Dear Guest;

Thank you for sharing your experience from your eating with us at ANATOLIAN KITCHEN on Tripadvisor.

We have shared your comment with the teams and they are equally happy to hear that you had a super stay with us.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to ANATOLIAN KITCHEN :)

There are newer reviews for Anatolian Kitchen

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We ate there on our first evening and had to go back! The lamb and chicken testi kebaps are delicious. Slow cooked, typical of the region, in clay pots, which you then crack open with a sword! Lots of fun! Also the delicious bread and aubergine pate were yummy! Simple, but well prepared great food!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I had a dinner with my husband yesterday (I just came back to istanbul from Goreme).
I usually do not visit places that hotels or travel agencies recommend to go. But I had a dinner at this place at first just because the location of this place was very close from my hotel.

But after my satisfactory dinner, I regretted my prejudice. Lamb pottery kebap, Cheese clay dish food(I don't remember the name) and a glass of wine were excellent!! The staffs were really friendly and kind. The atmosphere was cozy and comfortable.

We were really satisfied with the food, so we ordered an extra Cheese Pide to take out for our next day breakfast.

Highly recommended.

1  Thank BO YEOUN J
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We headed to Anatolian Kitchen on recommendation from our host at Arch Palace Hotel and it was delicious. We had puff bread which comes with butter and cheese, ordered hummus, vegetarian testi kebab and lamb testi kebab and they were so tasty! Definitely recommend ordering at least one testi kebab as they break it open at the table and the experience is one i found to be really fun and unique. The staff are attentive and friendly and the restaurant has a relaxed and pleasant atmosphere. We recommend stopping in for a bite while you are in Goreme.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We tried out five different restaurants in goreme and this had by far the best food. The service is friendly and the staff spend time letting answering your questions be it about the food or the surroundings or what there is to do. The outdoor terrace is very comfortable with good views of the hills.

Thank trance530 .