“Average price, average hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Castle Cave House

Castle Cave House
Ranked #49 of 76 Goreme B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Average price, average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

I want to start by saying, I highly recommend staying at this hotel if you are looking for a less expensive option. I picked it for its price range and I felt like I got what I paid for, which is important to me.

We arrived late at night and were ushered right to our room, it felt a little awkward but it was late. The room took a little getting used to but then again, it is a cave-literally. I image this would have been the case in any cave suite. It was a a giant room, awkwardly decorated. The bed was comfortable and the there was good water pressure in the shower, which is necessary in dusty Goreme. There is only all purpose soap provided. The view was amazing as our room was at the very top of the hotel with a terrace right out side (I highly recommend getting up early to see the hot air balloons taking off at sunrise). Once we got to know the ladies at reception they were very nice and friendly. They answered all of our questions and were a wealth of knowledge about various tours and activities. The breakfast was typical for Turkey, as described in other reviews so I wont take the time, other then to say, average breakfast for an average price. If you ask, they will make you fried or scrambled eggs. :) The hotel is located up a hill but so are a lot of things in this region. The town is small, getting around by walking is easy and the hotel is centrally located.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank alibseattle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Nevsehir, Nevsehir, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

Fantastic service from Fatih and his family. They looked after us like family members and were very helpful and provided great recommendations for places to visit and restaurants to eat at. They also arranged our transportation and tours with no fuss. Very nice views can be seen from the breakfast area and multiple terraces. Breakfast was comprehensive.

We stayed in room 204, which was part cave and was very spacious, quiet and private. Loved the double shower heads too.

Highly recommended and will stay here again if we return to Cappadocia.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MustafaOguz
Rafina, Greece
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

I don't know from where to start...I am shocked from the positive reviews and I feel sorry that I chose this hotel.
1:When we arrived at the hotel they told us that our room was not ready, despite the fact that it was after the check in time.So we had to wait for a while in order to clean it.Totally unprofessional.
2:I had booked a cave room and they gave us a different room, the standard one which was cheaper.When I asked Durmus if this was the cave room he replied yes.He lied.Finally I demonstrated and they gave us the real cave room,the one I booked.
3:The bathroom was not clean.They did not even put paper toilet.There was a really bad smell and I could not breath inside!Really smelly!In addition the waters from the bath were going outside so every time I had a shower there was water everywhere. No light also.
4:The breakfast was not sufficient.The brekfast area was not nice at all.It was really decorated in a bad way.Many times I didnt have anything to eat.
5:The staff was not friendly and helpful at all!!!They didnt care about us and they didnt help us at all!I didnt feel welcome and I there was no anatolian hospitality,They destroyed my trip.
6:When we checked out the german woman asked us how we would like to pay.We responsed by credit card.And she sharted laughing.Can you imagine?They didnt even have the machine for credit card.And they had to ask it from their friend!So Durmus woke up, he didnt wear shoed and they were laughing at us!When we paid them they didnt say thank you and goodbye to us!!!He was greeding only like an animal.Really they were rude and not professional at any way...It was the worst experience in a hotel in my whole life....

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank elenaki1287
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

Wonderful hotel in the centre of Goreme- just a short walk down the hill to the centre of the town. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. They organised airport transfers and advised on what to see in the area. The room was clean and comfortable and there's free tea and coffee in the reception at all times. There's plenty of choice at breakfast. The views of the surrounding area from the hotel are amazing. We had a great time and would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank EdinburghSasha
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Very nice cosy hotel with great host and manager. They are very helpful and the location of the place is just amazing. The place is nice and clean, the tends to get a bit cold at night during our stay in May but nice cooling temperature in the day.
Its location is very near the city centre and just a short walk up the hill at the back of the hotel, you will get an amazing view of the whole place. Nice place to stay in cappadocia! Definitely a must try!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeffloh12345
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

I'm a little late-visited Castle Cave House in December of 2011. It was COLD outside, but each time we came back to the CCH we were greeted in the lobby with a hot cup of tea, snacks and a warm fire. The view is amazing-such a beautiful place and the location is great. I just can't say enough about Fatih and his family, friends and employees. They all made us feel right at home. The breakfast was always delicious-they made us warm breakfast even when we said we were OK with the cold. They all go above and beyond! And we had a blast playing with Alex the puppy!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lovestotravel61
Tokai-mura Naka-gun, Ibaraki, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

nıce locatıon and very kınd staff.very good breakfast.
the room ıs very confortable and nıce vıew.
bath room supply hot shower.
the staff 'DURMUŞ' arrange a daıry tour whıch you want.
ıf you come to kappadokıa,you shuld choose thıs hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo