Castle Cave House
US$89
Travelocity
US$134
TripAdvisor
All reviewshotel is centrally locatedwould stay againevery morningcave experiencehot air balloon ridewithin walking distanceturkeythe busfatihkadriyebalconypickupballoonskapadokyahillagentsunrise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I loooove my staying there!! The room is great and view is great. Most of all, the staff there, Nicole and Kadriya are so sincere and helpful. We have great time chatting with them. Every time I walk into the lobby, it feels like walking into my own living room. They are like friends more than employee to welcome you with tea and snacks. Not just me but all other visitors are doing the same thing, walking in and feel relaxed, chatting all together. It is very pleasant to know and become friends with them. Wonderful experience!! Miss them so much and certainly want to go back!!

民宿的位置很棒,晚上可以在陽台直接看夕陽、夜景,走到主要道路只需不到5分鐘的時間,最棒的是員工Nicole和Kadriya,她們真的非常非常親切友善,並且樂意幫助我們解決所有問題、提供旅行中實用的參觀建議,因為親切的感受使我們在那裡的休息時間非常愜意和放鬆,如果有機會真希望能再去一次!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We have spent a fantastic weekend in Goreme. The House staff, Nicole and Fatih, has been very helpful, creating a family atmosphere. The rooms are so characteristic, clean and large. We definitely recommend this house!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mario R
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Staying in a cave is absolutely surreal and this place was fantastic. The view from our cave balcony was incredible and the rooms were cool. We arrived on the night bus at 6:30am, and the staff was more than willing to clean our room and have it ready for 10:00am, as opposed to 2:00pm. They gave us some suggestions of what to do with our time, the best being the restaurant Nostalji. We would most definitely recommend this to our friends!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I wanted to experience a room in a cave, which I did here. The room was spacious and had an ensuite. There was electrical lighting and enough sockets. Being a cave dwelling, it is warmer when outside is colder (and cooler when outside is hot). Of course because of the solid rock it's hard to get wifi reception in the room, but good in the common area.

There's free hot water and tea from an always-on machine. Location is central to places to eat, transport and sunset point (the highest point in town for balloon and sunrise/sunset watching.

The key difference was the manager, a German lady who spoke good English. She was friendly, helpful and informative.

Room Tip: Get a full-cave room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I want to start by saying, I highly recommend staying at this hotel if you are looking for a less expensive option. I picked it for its price range and I felt like I got what I paid for, which is important to me.

We arrived late at night and were ushered right to our room, it felt a little awkward but it was late. The room took a little getting used to but then again, it is a cave-literally. I image this would have been the case in any cave suite. It was a a giant room, awkwardly decorated. The bed was comfortable and the there was good water pressure in the shower, which is necessary in dusty Goreme. There is only all purpose soap provided. The view was amazing as our room was at the very top of the hotel with a terrace right out side (I highly recommend getting up early to see the hot air balloons taking off at sunrise). Once we got to know the ladies at reception they were very nice and friendly. They answered all of our questions and were a wealth of knowledge about various tours and activities. The breakfast was typical for Turkey, as described in other reviews so I wont take the time, other then to say, average breakfast for an average price. If you ask, they will make you fried or scrambled eggs. :) The hotel is located up a hill but so are a lot of things in this region. The town is small, getting around by walking is easy and the hotel is centrally located.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple