“Not what we expected”

Ranked #15 of 76 Hotels in Goreme
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We decided to spend our new year in Goreme and after browsing all the hotels in this city we thought that Mithra looks nice, romantic and quiet. We booked a deluxe suite and hopped on the bus to go there. When we reached Mithra they send us to a small tiny room which was definitely not a suite! I went to the reception and they apologized for the mistake and promised to give us the best room of the hotel! We were taken to a very nice room with nice bathroom and we loved the room at the first sight. But........the next morning we woke up at 7:00 AM by the sound of people walking on top of our head and it was LOUD! though I am a very heavy sleeper I couldn't manage to go back to sleep. After we left our room at 8:00 (just imagine waking up at 8 while you are on vacation!!! ) we realized that this perfect room is below the dining room and since all the steps and floors are wooden this horrible noise is unavoidable!
Everything was beautiful and perfectly designed but I don't see any point of being in this perfect room while you can not relax and enjoy the silence!
I would like to add that the wi-fi internet was also awful! Totally forget about being able to viber or facetime your friends while staying at Mithra! ;)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nazanin_66

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, UK
Reviewed 4 January 2013

My husband and I have just returned from an awesome stay at this wonderful hotel. Located close to Goreme town center, it has best views overlooking the valley. The Staff @ Mithra Cave are so warm, welcoming, friendly and very helpful, namely Hakan and Resul. They make you feel at home. I happened to book this hotel based other customer reviews. Everything, from arrival to departure was an experience to remember. On arrival, the Manager - Hakan, a big hearted and kind man, not only gave us a room to check in early in the morning, but also upgraded us to a King Suite. The suite was superb, a 2 story old cave room with a wine cellar, a big king size rotating bed and a jacuzzi. I couldnt have asked for more to start my holidays. Everything was taken care by the hotel staff, including airport pick up to drop, booking tours etc.The morning breakfast is an experience worth a mention. Served in a roof top restaurant with superb views and the spread is quite good. The Omlet is made to order by the ever smiling and friendly chef - Resul. Overall, we were soo relaxed and very happy to have chosen such a lovely place to stay. I have stayed in soo many hotels across the world (all stars), but I can tell you Mithra Cave tops them all in terms of service. If you want a stress free and happy holidays, then Mithra Cave is the place to go !!!! I happily recommend this hotel to all visiting Goreme ..............

Room Tip: Pls select Cave/ King suite room for an experience to live in old cave/chimney of Cappadocia
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Y S
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I just stayed here with my family over the holidays. This place was really interesting. Surprisingly modern and upscale for a cave structure.
The service was incredible. Everyone was extremely attentive. I got sick on my last day and they let me stay late and even served me a home cooked meal. I REALLY appreciate everything they did. Would recommend to anyone travelling here.

Room Tip: room right next to the office is best.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Bangalore
Reviewed 3 January 2013

This one of the best hotels I have stayed in . The rooms are beautiful and the view from the hotel was excellent,

The Manager Hakkan was extremely nice . I was offered an upgrade once I checked in. He helped me in getting all the right tours and arranged for the balloon ride as well.

The breakfast buffet spread was awesome and one the best I had during the entire trip.

The hotel is highly recommended. I will go back to this hotel some day.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Simply Fantastic!! Best View in Cappadocia.... staffs are super friendly. Best balloon tour. super nice room. I like all the details in the room. Very considerate design. Owner has a very good taste of design and also the selection of furniture and dining tables... etc. what's more, you can find the best and most innovative fried eggs in cappadocia!!!! every morning it is a surprise!!!! We came in the ending of high season, not many guests here, and we got free upgrading to suite!!!! What a Surprise!!!! in Short, "Mithra Cave Cappadocia is a highly recommended hotel!!!!! Really feel like home!!" While I am writing this review, I am still in this hotel and simply don't want to leave.....

Room Tip: choose room 1.5! best room
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Qi Z
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 1 November 2012

My friend suggested me that hotel and I also read good feedbacks on TripAdvisor. So i decided to stay here... But it was much more than my expectations!
First of all there is a fantastic scenery! You can enjoy view of flying hot air balloons over Göreme while having your breakfast...
We stayed in wonderful room. Nice decorated, very clean! Bed was quality and very comfortable.
Staff was very helpful and friendly. Everything was wonderful...

The only negative part of our holiday was leaving the hotel :)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Mithra Cave was a WONDERFUL experience. The staff was so welcoming and helpful! The view was amazing and the owners were wonderful. Breakfast was more than generous and I couldn't recommend the hotel any more highly....when I return to Cappadocia, I will be at Mithra Cave Hotel!

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Angie3088
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
Divan Cave House
Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia
Stone House Cave Hotel
Stone House Cave Hotel
#22 of 76 in Goreme

Been to Mithra Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!