“Best hotel in Cappadocia”
Review of Mithra Cave Hotel

Mithra Cave Hotel
Ranked #12 of 69 Hotels in Goreme
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best hotel in Cappadocia”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Me and my friends spent 2 nights in Cappadocia and I got to say that this is one of the best experience in Turkey that I've had. All the staff, especially Yusuf, were very kind to us and help us in anyway possible. We stayed at the fairey chimney, but although it was a little cold at night (which is to be expected since it's a cave), it was a very unique experience. Yusuf and the staff helped us with tours such as the hot air balloon and red and green tours and we are grateful to them. Fortunately we had a great weather and with great breakfast and awesome view, this is one of the best hotel experience I've had and I reccomend this hotel to anyone who plans on staying in Cappadoccia.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We arrived at noon and Yusuf and his staff were very attentive and took care of everything we could need. They picked us up at Göreme bus drop off with a car, that took us on a 5 min trip to Mithra Cave. Our room was upgraded for free and everything you would expect on a top star hotel was there. The bathroom was huge, even with a yacuzzi. Also, we were very hungry…they recommended us some excellent restaurants and kindly sent us a complementary tea and pastry to the room some minutes after we arrived. The room was perfectly cleaned and silent. Outside temperature was 5 deg. but inside was warm and cozy. Breakfast is really good and the restaurant view is great. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and tours, guides, balloon flights could be arranged through them. If I come back to Cappadocia, I will stay again in Mithra Caves!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
横浜市, 神奈川県
Reviewed 23 February 2013

地球の歩き方にのっていないのが不思議なのですが(私が見逃しているのか)、ギョレメの町の一番高いところにあるので眺め最高、そして何よりも最高なのがスタッフの優しさhospitalityです!ごはん作るスタッフすらもニコニコして手作りクッキーを振舞ってくれるんです。みんないい人でしたが特にYunusさんという方とお話ししたり、チェックアウトから出発までくつろがせていただいたりして、最後までとても気持ちよく泊まれました。絶対にお勧めです!

Really great place where all staff are very kind and attended us with warm hospitality! We enjoyed a lot a great view from the place since it locates the highest point in Goreme town (but don't worry, down town is just walking distance as well). All staff always smile and it made us really happy. We especially would like to express our appreciation to Yunus bey (means Mr.Yunus) in reception. We enjoyed chatting with him and he treated us with tea and good homemade bread and cookies. We recommend everybody to stay in this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Como
Reviewed 11 February 2013

My boyfriend and I spent 3 nights at Mithra Hotel and found it suitable for our plans.
Position is very good, being in the highest part of Goreme where the view is great and the noise of the centre of Goreme is quite far (only 5 minutes walking, so still comfortable to reach without using a car).
In addition to this, this hotel is pretty close to one of the best restaurants of Goreme!!
Our room was very large, comfortable and clean, entirely built in a cave and furnished in nice Ottoman style with handcrafted pieces of local art.
We've just been a bit unlucky with the weather..... usually it gets quite chill in the night and that is why many hotels don't have AC (normally you don't need it) but that period it was incredibly hot and almost impossible to sleep well. We asked the staff for a fan/ventilator and they bought a new one immediately to ease our stay.
It hasn't been much of a help but we really appreciated the immediate action taken by the staff.
I would go back to this hotel so I recommend it!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We decided to spend our new year in Goreme and after browsing all the hotels in this city we thought that Mithra looks nice, romantic and quiet. We booked a deluxe suite and hopped on the bus to go there. When we reached Mithra they send us to a small tiny room which was definitely not a suite! I went to the reception and they apologized for the mistake and promised to give us the best room of the hotel! We were taken to a very nice room with nice bathroom and we loved the room at the first sight. But........the next morning we woke up at 7:00 AM by the sound of people walking on top of our head and it was LOUD! though I am a very heavy sleeper I couldn't manage to go back to sleep. After we left our room at 8:00 (just imagine waking up at 8 while you are on vacation!!! ) we realized that this perfect room is below the dining room and since all the steps and floors are wooden this horrible noise is unavoidable!
Everything was beautiful and perfectly designed but I don't see any point of being in this perfect room while you can not relax and enjoy the silence!
I would like to add that the wi-fi internet was also awful! Totally forget about being able to viber or facetime your friends while staying at Mithra! ;)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nazanin_66
London, UK
Reviewed 4 January 2013

My husband and I have just returned from an awesome stay at this wonderful hotel. Located close to Goreme town center, it has best views overlooking the valley. The Staff @ Mithra Cave are so warm, welcoming, friendly and very helpful, namely Hakan and Resul. They make you feel at home. I happened to book this hotel based other customer reviews. Everything, from arrival to departure was an experience to remember. On arrival, the Manager - Hakan, a big hearted and kind man, not only gave us a room to check in early in the morning, but also upgraded us to a King Suite. The suite was superb, a 2 story old cave room with a wine cellar, a big king size rotating bed and a jacuzzi. I couldnt have asked for more to start my holidays. Everything was taken care by the hotel staff, including airport pick up to drop, booking tours etc.The morning breakfast is an experience worth a mention. Served in a roof top restaurant with superb views and the spread is quite good. The Omlet is made to order by the ever smiling and friendly chef - Resul. Overall, we were soo relaxed and very happy to have chosen such a lovely place to stay. I have stayed in soo many hotels across the world (all stars), but I can tell you Mithra Cave tops them all in terms of service. If you want a stress free and happy holidays, then Mithra Cave is the place to go !!!! I happily recommend this hotel to all visiting Goreme ..............

Room Tip: Pls select Cave/ King suite room for an experience to live in old cave/chimney of Cappadocia
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Y S
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I just stayed here with my family over the holidays. This place was really interesting. Surprisingly modern and upscale for a cave structure.
The service was incredible. Everyone was extremely attentive. I got sick on my last day and they let me stay late and even served me a home cooked meal. I REALLY appreciate everything they did. Would recommend to anyone travelling here.

Room Tip: room right next to the office is best.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family