“Unparalleled Charm, Beauty and Hospitality”

Vineyard Cave Hotel
Ranked #1 of 78 Goreme B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Words do not do the Vineyard Cave Hotel and its owner, Hasan (and his wonderful family) justice. My family and I recently stayed at this delightful hotel on a recent trip to Goreme. Firstly, the hotel is just unique in decor and location (to say the least). My husband wants to go home and redesign the bathroom to mimic the Turkish Hamam style bathroom that our suite had! The views are spectacular, the beds comfortable, the decor historic and each detail has been carefully selected to reflect the rich history of this unique town and culture. The shared reception area overlooks the hills, valleys and architecture of Goreme and is the perfect, cozy spot for a glass of wine or cup of tea before dinner or breakfast each morning--which Hasan personally oversees and serves to his guests with such care. The breakfast is delicious and oh so filling with the freshest seasonal fruits, cheeses, breads, yogurts and Hasan's family recipe of scramble eggs, which I'm committed to replicating back in the states.

Hasan also arranged for a hot air balloon ride for my husband and me. It's a must if you visit Cappadocia! He also showed us amazing 9th and 10th Century churches as well as overlooks, valleys and sites of historical significance--most were off the beaten trail and were truly THE highlight of our experience in Turkey!

I truly don't have enough to say about this majestic hotel and its owner. There is no doubt that we will visit Cappadocia again and when we do, we will certainly call the Vineyard Cave Hotel our home.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 December 2011

So much better than your normal B&B. Each room is unique (we were there with a big group so we got to see most all the rooms). They are all stone and some are cave. Most rooms have fireplaces. Many have Jacuzzi tubs. One of the rooms even features a Turkish bath. The rooms are nice sized, but there aren't many of them. This means you get extra special care. The Uludag family will treat you as their own. No request or question is too small and the breakfast scrumptious (not a buffet). They are there to make your vacation special. Visiting this Hotel any time of year is so worth it, in fact you'll want to see it in every season! You'll never want to leave.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 December 2011

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised to be made welcome like family at this beautiful hotel. Osman and Hasan Uludag were perfect hosts, introducing us to this stunning region and offering tours. This hotel is brand new, made of the same stone that the rest of the town has sprung out of. We stayed in the honeymoon cave suite, with the biggest and most opulent bathroom I've ever used - complete with a traditional style hamam, spa bath and shower. I loved the tasteful touches of carpet pillows on a bench seat, skilled carvings on the wall, beautiful linen sheets and wooden doors and furniture. We saw some other rooms, all just as beautiful and each unique.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Spent memorable weekend with my mom (who was visiting from the States) in Cappadocia, which was made particularly special by staying in one of Goreme/Cappadocia's newest cave hotels owned by Hasan and his family and enjoying the unbelievable hospitality of that family. Upon arriving at the hotel, Hasan gave my mom and I preference over one of two very large cave rooms. The room we ultimately chose had two separate bedrooms (one with fireplace) and a large bathroom. The details that went into the room (including the woodwork of the furniture) and the hotel itself (the wrought iron railings and carvings in the stone exterior) showed that a lot of love and thought went into the planning of this place. Breakfast is provided and it is delicious! Moreover, the view from the quaint dining area is unbeatable as it overlooks the mountains and some of Cappadocia's famous fairy chimneys. But what really set this hotel apart from others in the area was Hasan and his family. All of his children help out in some way at the hotel and make you feel like one of their own. When I mentioned that I was cold, a heavy fleece blanket and room heater immediately showed up in my room. Furthermore, Hasan went out of his way to show us some less frequently visited historic sites in Cappadocia that we would not have found on our own or have been able to visit with a large tour group. His love and knowledge of the area is definitely noticeable and contagious. I would certainly recommend this hotel to others and plan to come visit again in the spring to visit a few more sites recommended by Hasan and his family.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I had a great time while I was in Kappadkia. The hotel orner helped my travel plan here. My room was very beautiful and new. I liked breakfast. The omlet that orner cooked me was the best. I'd like to visit again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 December 2011

I spent one magical night here (too short!), and started planning my return trip with my husband during that first night. I will definitely be back for a few days in the spring--this is an experience that should be savored and enjoyed over a period of a few days. A family run hotel by a local family with roots in the area going back for multiple generations, the warmth and hospitality from our hosts was unparalleled. The rooms are large, very comfortable and beautifully decorated--the bathroom was particularly wonderful! You get the cave experience but in a stylish and well appointed setting. It's also centrally located within walking distance to restaurants and shops in Goreme. There are numerous choices for places to stay in Cappadocia and I feel very lucky to have stayed here on my first visit. I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else and I can't imagine that there could be a better option in all of Cappadocia.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lhooq19
Reviewed 7 December 2011

My family and I had visited Goreme in the Cappadocia region 3 times before (when we lived in Turkey), and stayed at a hotel run by the same family. Hasan is a wonderful host, and this new hotel is a wonderful experience as well. A relaxed atmosphere, wonderful rooms, and a fantastic view from the patio. (See nighttime photo). Hasan usually offers guests a guided tour of sites in the valley, which is very enjoyable. The breakfast is excellent, including scrambled eggs. (We visited over the Thanksgiving holiday, and Hasan even arranged to have a turkey cooked in a wood-fired oven for us!)

If you are visiting the Cappadocia region, this is a great place to stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in the "honeymoon suite", which was great....windows onto the courtyard, and an...