“We will return”

Ranked #1 of 75 Goreme B&B and Inns
Paris
“We will return”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Charming place, large clean rooms, helpful staff family.
Hassan, the owner, speaks very good English and French (among others) and not saving advice and services.
Awesome view...

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This Family run cave hotel was just perfect. You have your modern amenities in a modern style cave hotel. The view off the terrace is perfect when eating breakfast and if you get up early you get a great view of the Hot air balloons floating by. The owner (Hassan) and his whole family made my stay in the hotel very comfortable and treated me like family. If ever I go back to Goreme I will definitely be staying at the Vineyard Cave Hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Staying in a cave hotel was a great experience. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and the optional home cooking dinner. The view from the outdoor dining balcony was worth every penny. The hot air balloons passed over the hotel every morning. What a sight! Impeccable service from Hassan and Osman.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Having been to Goreme many times, we have never enjoyed our accomodation as much as we have recently, at the Vineyard Hotel. This newly opened hotel fis owned by Hasan and his family, who made us so welcome. He proudly proclaimed that his house was ours, for the duration of our stay. It is a beautiful hotel, some rooms are cave extensions and all are newly appointed and spotlessly clean. The breakfasts are excellent and you must try Hasan's scrambled eggs.He took us on a guided tour of the locality, organised our ballon flight and, based on our knowledge of Turkish carpets, gave us a great deal in his Rose carpet shop. But, there was no hard sell. Hasan is a lovely person, a devout Muslim and a dedicated family man. The hotel is within walking distance of the village centre,but, with panoramic views of the incredible Goreme skyline, best enjoyed on the breakfast terrace. We cannot recommend the Vineyard Cave Hotel enough.

Room Tip: Try the Honeymoon room.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Blue Mountains National Park, Australia
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I stayed here as a solo women travellor. Hassan, Sumbul and Osman provided fantastic service and hospitality which made my stay really special. For example Hassan took me on a private tour for photography (for which I was happy to pay his reasonable cost) but took me out again on a complimentary tour a few days later. Osam helped me with bike hire and Sumbul prepared wonderful breakfasts. Far more then I could eat! The room was clean and spacious with a nice outlook. I stayed in an arch room on upper level. Wi Fi worked well . The hotel is at the top end of town and a short walk to the one of the valleys with outstanding rock formations.

No swimming pool, no TV .....heaven.!!

Room Tip: I selected an arch room but was shown the honeymoon suite which looked fantastic..more a cave style...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Pune, India
Reviewed 9 May 2012

When I arrived at Vineyard Cave Hotel, just one look confirmed that the place was way better than anything I had anticipated. The place has a very warm, welcoming and homely feel to it.
The rooms are extremely tastefully done up and reflect the personal interest taken by the owners, complete with all required amenities like wi-fi etc.
Osman, who runs the place along with his dad, was very helpful and friendly which made my stay a very special experience. The personalised attention and hospitality that one experiences here is unmatched.
I would strongly recommend Vineyard to anyone travelling to Cappadocia.
I believe my Cappadocia experience would have been incomplete if I had stayed anywhere else!!
Thumbs-up and cheers to Osman, his dad Hasan, his beautiful mom and the rest of the folks who make the Vineyard experience so special and wonderful :)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Ruchira G
El Cerrito, California
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I returned to the Vineyard Cave Hotel about 6 months after my first visit (they had only been open a few months at that time) and the repeat visit was even better than the first! Hasan Bey and Osman are the best hosts ever in addition to being the two best guides in all of Cappadocia! :)

We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite, one of their cave rooms (they have cave and non-cave rooms to choose from), and it was impeccably decorated with rugs and cushions and other fine details. They've added a few touches in the last few months, like Wifi access, hair dryers and slippers in the room and everything was just perfect. And interestingly, given the lack of artificial ventilation in the rooms and bathrooms, it was the brightest and airiest room that I stayed at during my entire visit in Turkey.

The hotel was sold out but our hosts were very accommodating and made us feel like we were their only guests. I think every guest in the hotel probably felt the same way, given the level of attention that our hosts provided. My husband said that he'd never felt so well taken care of at any hotel.

Breakfast was plentiful and delicious. I loved the Turkish coffee and Hasan's wife even showed me how to make it! I lived closer, I'd be back for many more visits. I'd give it 6 stars if I could!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family