“Fantastic location and excellent rooms too”

Vineyard Cave Hotel
Ranked #1 of 78 Goreme B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 August 2013

What can I say the managers son spent an hour with us explaining the local area. The room was very quaint with a vault bathroom. The most amazing balcony view and the most generous fresh breakfast you could ever want. Don't bother about paying more next door this was the best value and a very classy place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 August 2013

The hotel is wonderful!!! It is a cave hotel, with very big rooms and a very big bathroom too!! Everything is clean, breakfast is very very good ( they offer you fresh fruit,vegetables, cheese, marmalade, fresh bread and eggs) and the staff is very kind and friendly. Osman, the young owner, is very very happy to suggest you how to spend at the best your days in cappadocia and he is always full of suggestions for your trip. The position of the hotel is amazing: in front of fairy chimney.... You can see the sunset from the big terrace.
It is the perfect place if you want to fell the cappadocian mood.
We highly recommend this place to everybody!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Amazing experience to stay at the Vineyard Cave Hotel. Osman totally took care of us with suggestions for the Hot Air Balloon tour with Mike Greene and restaurant suggestions. My mom is homesick for this place and she is from Hawai'i. Hasan does make an amazing egg dish and on top of that gives wonderful tours. Who else will show you 2 rocks shaped like camels? The tours are especially meaningful because the family is from the area. They are related to everyone in Goreme and you feel like the whole family is watching out for you. Rooms are quaint, very clean and comfortable. Breakfast plate with fruit was wonderful and I'm craving the string cheese. The location was very convenient to the town by walking. I highly recommend this place and wish I was going back in the near future. Thank you, Hasan and Osman for a most enjoyable and memorable experience!

Room Tip: Stay in bottom rooms for those with difficulty with stairs.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Our family just stayed at the Vineyard Cave Hotel for 3 nights, and I would highly recommend this hotel! When Hasan (the father) said, "My home is your home", he really meant it.

Room
- We had Room #1 on the second floor. Only after being in the room did I believe that a cave room can actually be so warm and homey. Room #1 is actually a two bedroom suite with a small but very comfortable sitting area (TV, traditional Turkish sitting areas with carpets and pillows, a turkish fire place, and separate sofas). The small bedroom has a queen sized bed and is very cozy. The big bedroom has a queen sized bed and a single bed. The room is huge but still managed to stay nice, and comfortable. Bathroom is big, and has a jacuzzi with shower. Beds and pillows are very comfortable. The rooms are perfectly sound proof and once the light is off, a good night sleep is guaranteed. After cash discount, we paid 100 Euro a night, which is a really good price considering the size of the room and the location.

- Hasan and Osman are such great hosts. I won't repeat what the other reviewers have said about what great advices the two have given, or how helpful they are. If you ever wished to have a super knowledgeable and well-connected uncle/brother in town, your wish is granted. We wanted to fly with a particular pilot for the hot air balloon trip. Osman not only secured the booking (the arrangement was seamless) for us but also got us a really good discount. We had a flat tire and Osman took us to a good auto repair shop that charged us very reasonable price. If we had more time, I probably would beg Osman to help me find good buys on carpet, and onyx etc.

Breakfast
- Love the breakfast. How often do you get breakfast with 7 types of different fruits, all fresh, sweet and juicy? The egg made by Hasan is sooooooooooooo good too!!

Location
- It's 5 mins to 10 mins easy walk to the bus station, around which you will find a lot of very good restaurants. If you are driving, you will find it comforting that the drive to the hotel is so easy. There is no scary uphill winding narrow street with two way traffic to deal with. There is free parking right in front of the hotel.

Overall, I highly recommend Vineyard Cave Hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WorkLifeNotBalanced
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Fantastic facilities where you actually stay in a cave! Accommodation clean and well maintained. We were made to feel very welcomed on arrival with maps and descriptions of surrounding areas given to us. Upon booking the hotel contacted us via email with key information and organised airport transfers and a hot air balloon ride for us. We had a private tour with the owner of the hotel which was brilliant and very enjoyable. Even though we flew out at 22:00 they minded our luggage and we were still welcome to use the hotel facilities until we left and were given drinks and offered the use of the shower- told "my home is still your home until you leave for the hotel". Highly recommend this hotel with no reservations.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Osman is very helpful and nice, and can give you any suggestion for anything around as long as you have a question.
Rooms are excellent except wifi is not always reachable in room(maybe due to the stone wall), very uniquely decored.
Ballooning is available for booking as well.
Will come again next time.

Room Tip: Ground floor if you have heavy luggage.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013

From the very beginning when I was emailing Osman from the hotel he was so prompt and beyond helpful in giving me information about the hotel and all the potential activities I could do while I was there.
On arrival at the hotel, I was greeted very warmly and given an introduction to the city and what was on offer.
The cave room was wonderful. Very spacious and a really cool experience.
Any time I needed to go into town (even though it was a smallwalk) Osman would always offer to drive and even took me sightseeing one morning. The staff are all very generous with their time!
All in all I would say my time at Vineyard Cave hotel was 10/10.

• Stayed: August 2013