“Unbelievable value, friendliest hosts, incredible breakfast!”

Vineyard Cave Hotel
Ranked #1 of 78 Goreme B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The room itself was clean and very large by European standards and the bathroom was nearly as large as the room itself, but the real reasons to stay at the Vineyard Cave Hotel are the hospitality and value for your money. I'm amazed at the fact that you can get such a spacious room with a free breakfast so large that I was full until 3 p.m. every day for 40 euros a night. The mind boggles. Even more incredible is the hospitality. The owner's son, Osman, walked me through all of the various activities available in the area for an hour on my first night, gave me a private tour through some lesser known churches the next morning, guided me to a trustworthy shop for buying Turkish ceramics, and even invited me to take a hike through Pigeon Valley with him and his cousin one evening! The Turkish people are famous for their hospitality, but Osman really went out of his way to be kind and helpful. The glowing reviews on tripadvisor are all true. You should absolutely stay at the Vineyard Cave Hotel for your stay in Cappadocia.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MissNebraska

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Osman, one of the owners, went out of his way to help my girlfriend and I out with anything we needed. The room was average sized, clean, and comfortable for a great price. The hotel was in a convenient location to go anywhere in Capadoccia. Also, the included breakfast was excellent!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Set just a short walk out of the busy streets of Goreme, Vineyard Cave was a good choice for our stay in Cappadocia. We had an extremely spacious room with its own seperate sitting room. We loved the beautiful tiles in the bathroom and the turkish lamps hung in all the recesses. Osman and Hassan will go out of their way to make you feel welcome and be of assistance. Breakfast is fresh and includes home-made butter and jam. My only criticism was the coffee which was instant coffee granules and not the real thing. We were very comfortable in the Vineyard Cave. It was a haven after the hustle of Istanbul and really got us to relax and enjoy Turkey.

Room Tip: we were in room 8.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013

What can I say the managers son spent an hour with us explaining the local area. The room was very quaint with a vault bathroom. The most amazing balcony view and the most generous fresh breakfast you could ever want. Don't bother about paying more next door this was the best value and a very classy place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The hotel is wonderful!!! It is a cave hotel, with very big rooms and a very big bathroom too!! Everything is clean, breakfast is very very good ( they offer you fresh fruit,vegetables, cheese, marmalade, fresh bread and eggs) and the staff is very kind and friendly. Osman, the young owner, is very very happy to suggest you how to spend at the best your days in cappadocia and he is always full of suggestions for your trip. The position of the hotel is amazing: in front of fairy chimney.... You can see the sunset from the big terrace.
It is the perfect place if you want to fell the cappadocian mood.
We highly recommend this place to everybody!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Amazing experience to stay at the Vineyard Cave Hotel. Osman totally took care of us with suggestions for the Hot Air Balloon tour with Mike Greene and restaurant suggestions. My mom is homesick for this place and she is from Hawai'i. Hasan does make an amazing egg dish and on top of that gives wonderful tours. Who else will show you 2 rocks shaped like camels? The tours are especially meaningful because the family is from the area. They are related to everyone in Goreme and you feel like the whole family is watching out for you. Rooms are quaint, very clean and comfortable. Breakfast plate with fruit was wonderful and I'm craving the string cheese. The location was very convenient to the town by walking. I highly recommend this place and wish I was going back in the near future. Thank you, Hasan and Osman for a most enjoyable and memorable experience!

Room Tip: Stay in bottom rooms for those with difficulty with stairs.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Our family just stayed at the Vineyard Cave Hotel for 3 nights, and I would highly recommend this hotel! When Hasan (the father) said, "My home is your home", he really meant it.

Room
- We had Room #1 on the second floor. Only after being in the room did I believe that a cave room can actually be so warm and homey. Room #1 is actually a two bedroom suite with a small but very comfortable sitting area (TV, traditional Turkish sitting areas with carpets and pillows, a turkish fire place, and separate sofas). The small bedroom has a queen sized bed and is very cozy. The big bedroom has a queen sized bed and a single bed. The room is huge but still managed to stay nice, and comfortable. Bathroom is big, and has a jacuzzi with shower. Beds and pillows are very comfortable. The rooms are perfectly sound proof and once the light is off, a good night sleep is guaranteed. After cash discount, we paid 100 Euro a night, which is a really good price considering the size of the room and the location.

- Hasan and Osman are such great hosts. I won't repeat what the other reviewers have said about what great advices the two have given, or how helpful they are. If you ever wished to have a super knowledgeable and well-connected uncle/brother in town, your wish is granted. We wanted to fly with a particular pilot for the hot air balloon trip. Osman not only secured the booking (the arrangement was seamless) for us but also got us a really good discount. We had a flat tire and Osman took us to a good auto repair shop that charged us very reasonable price. If we had more time, I probably would beg Osman to help me find good buys on carpet, and onyx etc.

Breakfast
- Love the breakfast. How often do you get breakfast with 7 types of different fruits, all fresh, sweet and juicy? The egg made by Hasan is sooooooooooooo good too!!

Location
- It's 5 mins to 10 mins easy walk to the bus station, around which you will find a lot of very good restaurants. If you are driving, you will find it comforting that the drive to the hotel is so easy. There is no scary uphill winding narrow street with two way traffic to deal with. There is free parking right in front of the hotel.

Overall, I highly recommend Vineyard Cave Hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family