“Good food, excellent quality”

Turkuaz Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #77 of 109 Restaurants in Goreme
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I've had dinner in Turkuaz two times during my 3-days holiday in Goreme: I found a nice atmosphere, very good food and an amazing view by the terrace where I ate.
The food is one of the best I've ever eaten in my journey in Turkey. It's the original one and fresh; good prices and the dishes are considerable (the ideal meal after a day passing walking through Cappadocia).
In the end, the managers and waiters are really kind and careful.
Heartily recommended!!

1  Thank Silvia C

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I like the owner; I just don't like the food. Like all Turkish, the restaurant owner was friendly. The food however, honestly was the worst we had in all of Turkey and Greece. Except for the chicken pottery, the other food was blend. The vegetables in all our dishes were mushy; as if it has been reheat too many times. The salad was plan with out any dressing at all. I just wonder if we were there on left over night, or the cook's day off? Plus, they were overpriced. Bottom line, unless you are watching your salt intake, we would not recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank SlowAdvanture
Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

Very delicious food and good service. Staff was very helpful and provided high level service to us and prices were also OK. Highly recommended place for tourists.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Our first night in Göreme, we chose this cafe cos the waiter had a sad desperation about him. Most of the items on the menu were unavailable and when we did order the food took an unreasonable amount of time to come out (we'd ordered a salad - it was tiny!). Food was stodgy and bland. Vine leaves were out of a can, and again a small portions size for the price. The only redeeming quality was the staff seemed nice, if slow.

The very following night we went to Cappadocia Cuisine which was not only ahhMAZing quality and yumminess by comparison, but a lot cheaper (even the Fat Boys Bar and Cafe is much better quality and price). Don't waste you time and taste buds on Turkuaz Cafe, there are so many better choices in Göreme.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Our first night in Göreme, we were left sorely disappointed by the meals. Very little in the way of flavour in the dishes, the vine leaves entree was clearly from a tin. The service was borderline rude and very inefficient.