This is probably the coolest hotel I’ve ever stayed in. We arrived quite late at night and were exhausted by a flight and longer-than-expected shuttle into Goreme and we were not sure what to expect. When we arrived, we were greeted by a friendly staff member who checked us in and lugged our giant suitcases down a large staircase…and then up another staircase…and up a staircase…and down a staircase to our room. (Note: hotels built into the sides of rock formations will always require a lot of stair climbing!)
Room: We arrived to a huge room with a separate seating area and bed area. It wasn’t modern, but rather very homey and decorated with traditional Turkish rugs and textiles. I liked this a lot. The bathroom was down a set of stairs (more stairs!), and was also quite large and very luxurious. There was a large Jacuzzi tub, a nice vanity, and a large stand-up shower. There was also a whole in the floor covered with glass which had a light and an antique jug inside, which was kind of neat.
Location: The hotel was about a 5-10 minute walk to the main strip in Goreme. However, it is on a very steep hill. But given the amazing geography of the area, there were no complaints from us on the location. We were also able to walk to the outdoor museum which was a bit longer, but also very interesting.
Staff: Staff were always very helpful and friendly.
Food: Given we ate breakfast with our balloon company one morning, we only ate breakfast once at CCS. It was buffet-style, but had a lot of hot and cold choices. We managed to get a nice table on the patio outside which had an amazing view of the town and valley, and ate breakfast while watching hundreds of hot air balloons passing overhead – quite a sight!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cappadocia Cave Suites is located in the city of Goreme, one of the most beautiful and characteristic locales in the Cappadocia region. The famous fairy chimneys and fantastic colorful shapes of the landscape, make this region a natural wonder of the world. Come to relax and explore this historic, wondrous and romantic landscape while enjoying the finest in hotel accommodations and world famous Turkish hospitality.... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, HostelWorld and Odigeo so you can book your Cappadocia Cave Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cappadocia Cave Hotel Goreme
- Cappadocia Cave Goreme
- Cappadocia Cave Suites Goreme, Turkey