we have rented a basic room on the higher level (202 or 203 I think). picture of our room on their website had a view of the chimney; well our room in real life didn't...
I found it overpriced for what it is. First impression of the hotel is small and old looking. As soon as you enter your room you will find that it smells very humid and there is no light coming into your room unlike the picutres on the website.
location is not much better than if you were to stay in Urgup or Nevsehir, where more choices of hotels available...we also had problems with hot water one morning... bed sheets and towels were really old however very clean... there were not enough supplies in the bathroom; "very" small bar oh olive oil soap and two little bottles of shampoo, nothing else...
Family who ran the hotel was nice and friendly and helpful but I think with small improvments here and there they can deserve the money they charge...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cappadocia Goreme House Hotel offers enchanting and elegant accommodation in a restored old Cappadocian House. Close and convenient to downtown, restaurants, Museums, shopping and attractions in Cappadocia. Immerse yourself in an atmosphere that is delightfully different... Goreme House Hotel, nestled on the back slopes of Goreme Village, was constructed and completed in 1997. The hotel harmoniously fuses together traditional Anatolian style with modern comforts in order to create a cozy and relaxing atmosphere to meet the needs of today's traveler. In constructing Goreme House Hotel, the style was kept as traditional as possible while stressing the importance of details. Blocks of natural rock were used to create the cool and spacious arch rooms. Wood floors and panel decorations were added for warmth. Modern bathroom amenities as well as central heating make even the weariest of travelers feel at home. Goreme House Hotel is not your everyday, conventional hotel. It has a warm, guest house feel with extremely personal care, breathtaking views, and many quaint corners to "slip away" with a good book or simply enjoy the views of village life activities going on down below. Homey yet professional is the general ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Goreme House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goreme House Hotel Goreme
- Goreme Hotel
- Goreme House Cappadocia, Turkey