“A March Honeymoon in Cappadocia”

Kelebek Special Cave Hotel
Ranked #6 of 69 Hotels in Goreme
“A March Honeymoon in Cappadocia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

We booked room no 20 in Kelebek Hotel to experience staying in a cave hotel. We upgraded ourselves to a King Suite - room 109. The suite was wonderful. We loved the bathroom most coz it had marble flooring.. So it keeps u warm! The breakfast at the hotel is also superb and the staff is helpful and friendly.

Two thumbs up and will definitely come again.. An unforgettable experience in Cappadocia! :)

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Freezeup53

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (635)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Great place to stay with excellent service. We arrived in the wee hours of the morning to find that we had been upgraded to a suite - with a fire in the fireplace burning bright for our arrival. They took the time in the morning to help us prioritize the best places to invest our time during a fairly short stay. It's worth booking your tours through them as well since their prices are competitive. Great to have the family dog welcome you at breakfast.

Room Tip: When making a reservation, you can see each of the rooms available and specifically choose the one f...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cbroderick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

We thought this an excellent hotel. The service was absolutely excellent in every way. The views from the lounge and dining area were wonderful. It is up high enough you can see pretty much everything. The rooms were good. We had two different ones from small to moderate and would suggest the larger one. There is free parking for guests.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mrsboll
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

We stayed at the Kelebek for 4 nights and could have stayed another four easily. It's comfortable, warm in winter, unique and the breakfasts rocked. We were travelling with two small children, and the staff went above and beyond to accomodate our needs. The on site hammam is a wonderful bonus.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Sarotchka
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Goreme. The rooms have unique interior that makes you feel like you're getting a truly Cappadocian experience. I utilized the hotel's travel agency to book tours and flights. I spent two days on tour and two days hiking around Goreme. The price was reasonable and the tour guide could not have been better.

Room: Unique and picturesque room

Breakfast: Great breakfast with variety

Travel agency: I would recommend the tours provided. It allows you to visit many places at a good pace while providing historical and cultural backgrounds.

View: You get a great view of Goreme

Air Balloon: Recommended. Pictures alone should convince you to try this here.

Note: I would strongly recommend hiking around Goreme if you are active. I am not sure if they have established trails but I immensely enjoyed hiking and wandering around. I got a sandwich from one of the small local shops. The sandwich was mediocre at best objectively but after hiking and with a view tasted like gourmet food.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank StephenSohn
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Kelebek. There was a problem with my room when I arrived, so they cheerfully upgraded me to a suite with a spa and a fireplace. If you are travelling to Goreme in winter then I suggest you look at that room (I think it was 101) because snuggling down in front of a fire when there's a snow storm outside is nice and comforting. The rooms were well appointed, the breakfasts substantial and the staff provided excellent advice - even giving me a lift down to the pharmacy in town when they saw me walking down the hill in the snow. I've read other people complain about the steepness of the hill, and I don't honestly think it was so bad - I'm pretty unfit and went up and down it a few times a day, once with a 15kg backpack.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at a different cave hotel but we were looking for a great Turkish Bath experience. The Turkish bath at Kelebek was great! The staff were very professional and it was a delightful experience. I had read some reviews of other turkish baths were they were rough and it wasn't relaxing. No worries here...I loved the experience and wanted to go back. My husband and I were able to do the bath together as it is co-ed. We also got an oil massage which was a nice addition. I highly recommend the Turkish bath at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MikeandLisha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
Goreme Inn Hotel
Aren Cave Hotel
Aren Cave Hotel
#1 of 69 in Goreme
Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia

Been to Kelebek Special Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!