“Trust me - this hotel is excellent”

Kelebek Special Cave Hotel
Ranked #9 of 78 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I'd organised a secret birthday trip to Goreme for my husband's birthday, co-ordinating 2 other couples to meet us there. The Kelebek staff were great regarding my constant emailing of questions and booking us on tours and put my mind at ease about all various concerns I had.

When we arrived, the staff couldn't be more genuinely friendly, professional and easy going all at the same time. The rooms were absolutely beautiful and full of character and though we had a small issue with our shower it was immediently fixed without fuss (and with a smile!). The breakfast was amazing, so fresh and delicious but made even better by the veiw from the eating areas. Every part of the hotel seems to have an amazing veiw or is just beautiful in itself.

To add to the excitement (on top of the balloon ride and quad biking tours - both highly recommended) my husband had an allergic reaction to something he ate or drank (NOT at the hotel) and the staff at Kelebek were absolutely brilliant - they sped both of us to the hospital in nearby Nevsehir and stayed for the whole time (about 3 hours) helping with translation and various things. This was far more than just being professional, a genuine concern for his wellbeing was felt. The next day they checked up on us to see how he was and then went to the restaurant concerned to see if they could find out the ingredients of the meal so we could see what may have caused this. Again, this was beyond our expectations and we are very grateful for all their help.

I can not fault Kelebek in any way and would not even consider going anywhere else - I certainly hope that we will come back one day soon. As one of my friends who was travelling with us said "It's like Hassan just wanders about and makes sure people are happy".

As far as Goreme is concerned, I don't think I have been to a more spectacular place. I have been to many places but this by far has got to be the most unusual and most stunning place I've been to, not just for it's beauty but the vast history behind it and for the people that live there today. I could go on and on about how fabulous our stay was, but whoever is reading this - just go and see for yourself!
(4 Aussies, living in London + 2 from Sydney stayed and all loved the place)

Room Tip: Go to their website - you can look at each individual room - each with its own unique character and...
1  Thank kjbinns
There are newer reviews for Kelebek Special Cave Hotel

Reviewed 11 June 2012

(4 Aussies, living in London + 2 from Sydney stayed and all loved the place)

2  Thank kjbinns
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I found this hotel at TA and stayed there with my husband. It was an amazing staying! They are great people, always ready for helping the guests, the hotel is clean, very organized and really really charming! My husband and me loved staying there and strongly recommend it!

Room Tip: If you want for adventure, choose a cave room! And if you enjoy relaxing, ask for a HAMMAN on the...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beaqueiroz
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights and I felt I had to write a review becuase of the care and attention paid to us by our host Hassan. he was absolutely fantastic down to the last details and helped us arrange everything for our time in cappadocia. Th terrace where you can have breakfast or dinner is wonderful and the food was varied and delicious. I cannot recommend the hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank KatjaAnais
Reviewed 10 June 2012

This has to be the most spectacular hotel we have stayed at. The setting is spectacular, the hotel itself is stunning, the service is top notch and the breakfast was fresh, plentiful and delicious and there is a pool. Its true that the cave room we had (#11) was tiny but we were sleeping in a cave! How cool is that? The price for our room was 50 euro (less 10% for paying cash) and we think that - even with the tiny room with no tv - that this place is a steal. By the way, when I say tiny, I mean no place to put your luggage or unpack clothes and tough to turn around in the bathroom tiny. Our friends had a 65 euro room (not a cave room) and it was considerably larger. We didnt do the balloon thing - very expensive and unnessary if you do some hiking, but do get up early to see and take pictures of the balloons from the hotel. Its absolutely spectacular when they go up. Also, the town of Goreme is certainly a great choice to explore this wonderful area. we walked from here to town (10 min), the open air museum (20 min), love valley, pigeon valley. You dont really need to pay a guide to visit these areas (we didnt) but get a good map and bring water. we rented a car and drove here from Karysi but it was a bit hairy and I wouldnt recommend it. Turkish road signs are a challenge and gasoline is really high - even by Canadian standards. Take a shuttle or a taxi (agree on the fare first) and once here you can walk or bus to all the incredible sights from this hotel. You probably know about the unbelieveable geology of this region and you are right to go. It was the highlight of an already fantastic trip to Turkey. We are glad we did it last because it was so good (ie like desert after a meal). Fatboys bar was a great bar in town and on your walk to town, on your right hand side you will pass by the Cappedocia restaurant. We liked it a lot, in particular their lentil soup. Enjoy! You will be going to a magical place and staying at a truly outstanding hotel.

Room Tip: It is likely that the more you pay, the bigger the room will be. None have a tv in the room.
2  Thank BrucefromVancouver
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We stayed here in while back. Amazing experience. Friendly and helpful staff. The rooms and bathrooms are excellent

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank EmmaCP
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I must say this hotel exceeded all others we stayed in during our seven-city tour of western and central Turkey. The 12 or so rooms are delicately appointed cave rooms. The hotel features a two-level terraced restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating under a canopy-like roof, a spa featuring Turkish bath and massage rooms, a small outdoor pool, and various outdoor patios for taking in the vista. The staff are extremely friendly and help arrange balloon tours, restaurant reservations, hikes, airport transfers, and whirling dervish performances. Cannot recommend more highly!

2  Thank Al S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
Aydinli Cave Hotel
#17 of 78 in Goreme
Grand Cave Suites
Grand Cave Suites
#11 of 78 in Goreme

Been to Kelebek Special Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!