“Perfect butik hotel!”

Kelebek Special Cave Hotel
Ranked #8 of 80 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed 19 December 2013

In this cosy hotel everything made to fulfil your esthetic feelings and please your eyes. It's like a labyrinth inside, great view from each terrace, there is even outdoor pool with chimneys view. It's like a Wonderland interesting details behind each corner.
Very delicious open buffet breakfasts. Great meal a la cart.
Rooms, service, food, location - all is really high quality.
We've been at New year there and in spite of cold outside rooms was very warm, so we had burn chimney just for fun and managed our space hell-hot. ))

Room Tip: Room 19 is Junior Suite, door open directly to outdoor pool area.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,674)

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Kelebek. The service provided by the staff was excellent, beyond my expectations. The location of the hotel is so perfect, as the panaromic view from the hotel terrace was simply breathtaking mashaAllah! I'll definitely recommend Kelebek Hotel to my family and friends. Thank you, Kelebek for the wonderful experience alhamdulillah.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank hananonis
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Me and my family stayed at the Kelebek Hotel and I can honestly say that every single one of us were speechless at what kind and generous people worked there. They were so accommodating with every single request. We arrived early from Istanbul and they immediately took our bags and took us up to the restaurant to get breakfast. They helped us with all our requests, not pushing us to join any tour and even arranging a driver for us when we decided not to do a group tour. Our room was a bit cold and they provided us with a heater and also came and lit a fire for us multiple times on request on our one night visit. We checked out the next day but we had all day until our overnight bus. The staff at Kelebek let us stay in the "lounge area" all day, even bringing us tea.
The staff also offered to drive us to the open air museum so my parents wouldnt have to walk the 1-2km trek and they also dropped us off to the bus stop with all our luggage (during heavy snowfall). All in all, we cannot say enough good things about this hotel. We stayed one night and they provided us with 2 complimentary breakfasts, all the tea/coffee we could ask for.

Cappadocia was one of our favourite spots during our Turkey trip, and a big part of it was our experience at Kelebek Hotel. Worth every penny!

Room Tip: We were unfortunate to have traveled during an unusually cold week. There was a large snow fall whic...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 1destination_unknown
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Pros:
*staff were very friendly and helpful. I loved them. They also spoke English well & arranged our hot air balloon.
*amazing location and view

*good food but i wish they had more variety.

* very safe and clean.

Cons

* beds aren't very comfortable

* curtains were white and didn't cover the windows well so we felt like we had no privacy.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank hamdasushi
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I asked my boyfriend "is there anything that wasn't perfect about Kelebek?" He said "the fact that we can't stay longer??" I'm serious- Kelebek is wonderful!!! I haven't read all the other reviews- but from the few that I've perused, there is something helpful that I can add.

My very favorite thing about Kelebek is the lack of pressure to use their preferred tour companies. The staff is very informative on what there is to do in Cappadocia. And they can certainly give you recommendations on which companies to use. But that's it. They merely make the recommendation and move on. They just let us decided what was best for us without pressuring. I REALLY APPRECIATED THAT! After two months of traveling and having our hotels tell us why their preferred companies were the best and all the others were terrible, I didn't feel like having that same tired conversation. It just felt so much more professional when the staff at Kelebek said "We recommend x,y,z, company because we know it to be safe and reputable. But there are many good companies and we're happy to make a call to any of them if you like."

Man! That was a breath of fresh air.

And of course, let me just re-confirm that the rooms are awesome! The breakfast is fantastic! Having access to tea/coffee/water all day is wonderful especially in the winter. The staff are genuinely friendly but not overly-in-your-face. The hotel is kept spotless. The hamam , while more expensive than others, is welllll worth every penny. My scrub was incredible. The bath is beautiful. The sauna was divine. The staff at the spa were without flaw.

Also, the hotel's proximity to everything (as probably is the case for all hotels in Goreme) was great. Walking distance to the center of town (7 min?) and a little more of a hike (but certainly doable) to the open air museum.

AND there's a wonderfully friendly black and white cat named Doy Doy. She's adorable. We hung out with her every day!

Room Tip: We (boyfriend and I) stayed in room # 7 which is a cave room. Absolutely loved it! Maybe not the bes...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Claudia P
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Cast off any doubts about this hotel and just reserve your place here. The cave rooms are unique and compelling, tastefully decorated and comfortable (with absolutely NO sense of dust, mold or any other fretful cave problems). The breakfast buffet is fresh, interesting and extensive, offered in a dining room/terrace area that commands beautiful views over Goreme and the fascinating Cappadocian terrain. Dinner is competently offered in the same setting, which is a nice option after a long day hiking -- and the dining room also works as a bar and coffee service. Everyone working here was exceptionally nice and thoughtful, without seeming insincere. Great advice was offered to us by Tuna, regarding things to do while in the area -- although they are affiliated with Heritage Travel and Butterfly Balloons (both great operations), there was absolutely no pressure or hard sell to book with those outfits or with anyone for that matter. We did greatly enjoy a hot-air balloon ride (with Butterfly), a Rose Valley-Pasabag-Avanos-Kaymakli tour (with Heritage), a self-guided hike from Uchisar to Goreme on the Pigeon Valley trail (awesome!), a bubble-massage Hamam visit at the hotel (professional and worthwhile), and a tour to see the Whirling Dervish sema at the Sarihan Caravanserai (don't miss the light-show in the courtyard following this seemingly authentic Dervish ceremony). Cappadocia on its own would have been amazing, but staying at Kelebek allowed us to enjoy it to the fullest and with perfect efficiency. The best value hotel I have ever stayed in, hands down.

Room Tip: Room 4 is a comfortably-sized cave room with a smallish bathroom, it is well decorated, and sleeping...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill B
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Our experience with Kelebek was excellent from beginning to end. I made reservations via email and received incredibly prompt and thorough responses. The hotel was just as beautiful as the website suggested and our room looked exactly like the pictures. The employees were very friendly, professional and helpful. Everyone's English was excellent, very helpful considering I know three Turkish words. The breakfast was top notch and the restaurant/bar area is open 24 hours, has free WIFI and complimentary tea and coffee. The concept of the cave hotel is so much fun and Kelebek will not disappoint. No complaints here, I wish I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Casey C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
0 mi away
#14 of 80 in Goreme
Erenbey Cave Hotel
Erenbey Cave Hotel
#10 of 80 in Goreme

Been to Kelebek Special Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!