“Amazing....wouldn't look farther than here”

Kelebek Special Cave Hotel
Ranked #9 of 77 Hotels in Goreme
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing....wouldn't look farther than here”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed in one of the king suites for my honeymoon - beautiful rooms, great service. I rented a car (recommend unless in tour group), and the staff planned some great drives for me and my wife. Thanks!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WindyCityBadger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This is my third trip to Cappadocia and my second stay at the Kelebek hotel. It's magical and romantic but also great for a family or a group of friends. This place has everything you need (great location, shuttle service, walking/hiking distance to open air museum and Uchisar Castle, excellent restaurant, spa services, etc) but it is the incredible hospitality that will keep me coming back. They have a great open buffet breakfast with an incredible view over the city (get up early to see the hot air balloons in flight). They also work with a travel agency that organizes excellent day trips (without obligatory shopping excursions). Enjoy!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are unique and priced differently so pay attention to the room details when you res...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Amy P
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed over Christmas. The hotel is an architectural marvel and all the rooms are unique and well-designed. The rooms were nicely heated (important, as Capadoccia gets very cold over the winter) but there was also a log fire in our room, which was a very nice touch. The service was also fantastic and all the staff were incredibly helpful. The hotel is located on the hill overlooking the centre of Goreme, so you can walk to the centre in about 5-10 minutes.

The only downside was that they seemed to be having some kind of problem with the plumbing so there was a strong smell of drains in our bathroom. We alerted the staff to this (who then made an extra effort to clean the bathroom) but the smell kept coming back. A small detractor to an otherwise wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Room 19 is lovely and has a separate seating area with a log fire
1 Thank zuleikadobson
Osaka, Japan
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I have stayed at some great hotels around the world, but my experience with Kelebek is right up at the top. The staff go the extra distance to make you feel comfortable, and this was especially important since my wife had a cold during our stay. They brought hot lemon tea with honey to our room, which they normally wouldn't do. And they even advised me where I might find some hard to find soccer gear. Even more than that, the hotel itself is situated on a scenic viewpoint like something from a dream. Every morning it was hard to believe that we were able to simply walk outside and get a wondrous span of landscape. The food was terrific as well, offering a wide range of choices for breakfast, from dried apricots and nuts to many different jams to fried cheese and spinach pies. In our room, we had a fireplace and unlimited firewood was provided any time we needed it. This was the kind of experience that is unforgettable, and I now cannot imagine staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Check out the photos to see what you like for your budget. It seemed worth it to pay a bit extra fo...
4 Thank NailsNathan666
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We've stayed at Kelebek only for one night but the service was excellent! They arranged or shuttle to airport, balloon ride and tour through the region; everything was as expected and always on time. The service in the kitchen was also great, there was hot Turkish tea and coffee all day and you could stay in the cozy dinning room next to the chimney. If you also have the chance, do not miss to visit their spa, the Turkish bath is an excellent choice. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

2 Thank Gris M
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I love this place! We stayed here for a few nights with our two teenaged daughters. We reserved two rooms. It was spectacular. The host gave us maps and ideas for visiting the area. We had a rental car and he helped us plan our time. He showed us places that were not in the guide books. He arranged the balloon trip, too. I love that there is a restaurant at the hotel. We could come back from hiking and get something to eat or drink quickly. My daughter and I participated in a Turkish bath and massage. It was wonderful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Runner93
Bogor, Indonesia
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Upon arrival at the hotel, I was given maps, recommended hikes and activities nearby, tour information, and tips about bus schedules and how to get places, all without any pressure to buy anything. The included breakfast is wonderful and complimentary tea was just right in the evenings. My room, which I was able to chose myself through their website, was comfortable and just what I wanted. The staff was attentive and courteous in every interaction. As a young woman traveling alone I felt safe and welcome. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank hollim20
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
Aydinli Cave Hotel
#16 of 77 in Goreme
Goreme Inn Hotel
Goreme Inn Hotel
#3 of 77 in Goreme

Been to Kelebek Special Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!