“Excellent cave stay”

Ranked #9 of 77 Hotels in Goreme
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent cave stay”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed at Kelebek for 2 nights with my hubby. This was both our first time to Turkey. We fell in love with this cave hotel from the very sec we stepped foot in it.
Room - The room was very clean, nicely decorated and cosy, and it was huge compared to many other hotel rooms
Cafe - There is a cafe where they serve complimentary apple tea, tea, coffee all day, and it provides a fantastic view of Goreme. This is also the same place where we had breakfast, and In the mornings, you have a awesome view of the hot air balloons.
Staff - This is a family run hotel, the staff were very welcoming, full of love and warmth. They were so polite, constantly making sure that all their guests needs were provided for. The owner of Kelebek even provided a complimentary valley tour with an organic breakfast, it was an experience for me.
Both my hubby and I would highly recommend this place to anyone travelling to Goreme/Cappadocia. My stay here was the most memorable and enjoyable.

1 Thank Iron Teo T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bilbao, Spain
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We would like to thank Ali and all his staff for the wonderful days and attention given... always trying to help, to recommend activities for a perfect experience in Capadoccia... The Hotel has different types of rooms, decorated and integrated with the environment... Pictoresque view of Goreme, view you can enjoy while having a complete and tasty breakfast... We`ve travel a lot around the world and this hotel is in our Top Ten for the feelings and the time we had....

Sackville, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2014

A friend and I had an all too brief stay at the Kelebek, but it was one of the loveliest hotels I have ever stayed in. The decor is interesting and tasteful, the scenery spectacular. But what really makes the experience is the warmth, generosity, and helpfulness of the staff. Lovely people.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank KirstyTraveller
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I'm not used to leave comments but this hotel really worths. I stayed 3 days in April with my family, sisters and nephew. It was really a wonderful stay. The hotel was very clean, the rooms were very nice, the place where we had breakfast was panoramic and fantastic, the breakfast was very good and with a great choice of food. We also had dinner at their restaurant and also the quality of the food was very good and well presented.
Above all I really appreciated all the staff very nice and professional.
I travelled a lot and I stayed in many hotels but this one is really one of my best .
I really recommed this hotel....

Room Tip: my room was fantastic, n 109, with balcony, fireplace, wonderful bathroom...perfect
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 88882014
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We've visited Kelebek at the begining of May 2014. Your hospitality's the best. The manager and all staffs are very nice and helpful. Unfortunately, we had problem about our room. The water lead from the roof. Our cloth got wet. However, the manger's very well organized. He offered to change the room and clean up all my cloth. I didn't think it's any serious because it's accident. But the manager felt guilty about this a lot. By the way,Kelebek's perfect location. We can walk to little town for 5-10 mins. If anyone have a chance to stay this hotel, I recommend to have organic breakfast at King Valley. We took the truck to there. The King Valley's fantastic because it's simple and so natural. The food's so fresh also. Moreover, it's private group. If I have a chance to go to Cappadocia, we would like to stay your hotel again. However, I would like to suggest to improve Wifi signal. It has no signal in room at all. We have to walk to lobby or restaurant area for connecting.

Room Tip: I suggest to stay room upstair because the air can flow in your room. I booked Cave type. I don'...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in April as part of our Honeymoon trip in Turkey. Arriving at this quaint hotel after the hustle and bustle of Istanbul was a breath of fresh air. We arrived a few hours earlier before the check in time, but the hotel manager (Mark? Mert?) made us feel very welcome and showed us to the breakfast lounge area to have breakfast and relax. Service from the staff was excellent throughout our stay and the food was delicious.We particularly enjoyed the complimentary organic breakfast where they pick you up with a tractor and take you to a quaint little farm. The hotel also was very knowledgeable about the surrounding area and gave very good recommendations on activities to do , we liked that they were not pushy for us to take packages and tours and recommended some very nice walking trails that we could do on our own.

The only downside was our room, the room was okay in general but our hotel room (I think it was room 2) was right next to the general walking area so it was a little noisy at night with people walking past and we could hear people's conversations. I'm sure if you get another room this will not be a problem.

We also tried out the hammam, was a great private experience. Our flight was also a few hours after the checkout time, hotel made us feel very welcome to use the lounge area and even offered to provide towels etc if we wanted to freshen up in the general washroom and showers before we left.

Really enjoyed our stay and only wish that we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: Request for a room away from the walking area in the middle as it can get quite noisy.
1 Thank afmn87
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We so thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Kelebek. The staff was incredibly accommodating and friendly right from the beginning. They had great suggestions, the companies they worked with for day trips were very professional, and they seemed to go out of their way to ensure we enjoyed our stay.

Don't miss the Kings Valley Brunch and tractor ride, it was an informative and delicious look into the history of Goreme. We were recommended this hotel by a friend and we are so, so glad we stayed here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
Aydinli Cave Hotel
#16 of 77 in Goreme
Goreme Inn Hotel
Goreme Inn Hotel
#3 of 77 in Goreme

Been to Kelebek Special Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!