“Excellent!”

Kelebek Special Cave Hotel
Ranked #8 of 78 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We couldn't have been happier with our choice of this cave hotel. We were cared for from the moment we arrived. They asked us first to get ourselves in our room before we sat down to check in. We knew which room we would be accommodated in before we even arrived at the hotel as you have the opportunity to select when you reserved the rooms. On their website, they show you pictures of the rooms. Besides that, the staff was extremely professional, helpful, and caring. The distance to the main downtown is less than 10 min walk. I'm really happy that my colleague recommended this hotel to my son and me.
The restaurant staff was wonderful and attentive.
Book the hot air balloon ride with the hotel. A little pricey but totally worth it!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank muchee
There are newer reviews for Kelebek Special Cave Hotel

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I chose Kelebek hotel based on tripadvisor and lonely planet and was absolutely happy with it. The court yards are nicely decorated. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, and due to its location on top of a little hill the view superb. In the morning you can watch the balloons start and fly right over your head- a wonderful scenery. Breakfast is delicious with various typical turkish dishes and they even have a little pool to cool down. And the atmosphere is nice and relaxed. Maybe a little redo here and there needed, but all in all great and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank babs75
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had the a phenomenal time at Kelebek Special Cave Hotel. The breakfasts were superb, the staff delightful, the views unparalleled, and the rooms truly special. We stayed in both a Fairy Chimney with shared bath and the Triple Room. I would happily stay in either again. We did both the Whirling Dervish Ceremony and one of the day tours offered by the affiliated travel agency and enjoyed each immensely. We also arranged for shared shuttle transport to and from the airport through Kelebek and each was a smooth event. Definitely have breakfast in the garden if you have the chance.
If you are traveling to Gerome, do yourself a favor and stay here!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Great place to stay. Ther are some other nice places too, but the organic breakfast in the valley and the amazing massages make the difference. The butterfly balloon company which they work with is one of the best too, i think because is saw many other company's doing a smaller trip than this one. And you don't pay more for all this great services.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We chose Kelebek online because it looked pretty amazing, and it more than lived up to expectations. Lovely room, great service with extremely helpful staff. After hot days the cold swimming pool was a great relief. Situated just right for access to Goreme, its open-air museum and the area, without being noisy. Would stay again given half a chance. Sleep occasionally disturbed by a constantly barking dog, but can't blame the hotel for that.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The hotel and Cappadocia in general is simply beautiful. The hotel has beautiful rose garden - very tasteful and comfortable rooms - but the highlight of this hotel are the people who run it. From the person at reception to the one in the kitchen - I have to admit - this has been one of the most hospitable hotel I have ever been to.
I am from India - and Indian luxury hotels make it to top in hospitality in the world. Here - this hotel leaves you speechless - My friend and I hate to take fixed tours and the hotel helped us plan our trip the way we wanted in cost effective manner - without trying to sell us any package (such a rarity in Turkey! where everyone is busy selling tours to naive tourists) they took very good care of us - allowing us to change, use the facilities even after we checked out. I can go on and on for this place... they have an organic breakfast - unique to them in the area - go for it... its a pure pleasure...
The Hamam is also quite nice, neat and the service is excellent. I left my iphone in the hotel on check out - which was returned to me before I left the place!
Such hospitality is hugely recommended. Last but not the least - may sound funny, the staff members are quite good looking - gives one an idea of Cappadocian Greeks! ;)
One place I would like to revisit... Thanks to Mert, Unal, Ali and all the staff members for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yesha19
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I love this place! The view is spectacular and cave rooms are very quaint. The staff are the sweetest. Please don't miss out on the organic breakfast they offer. I would come back here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank phulish222
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
Aydinli Cave Hotel
#11 of 78 in Goreme
Sultan Cave Suites
Sultan Cave Suites
#16 of 78 in Goreme

Been to Kelebek Special Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!