Kelebek Special Cave Hotel
US$118
US$55
US$53
US$47
Nature Park Cave Hotel(Goreme)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$89
US$134
TripAdvisor
2,690 results
All reviewsorganic breakfastkelebek staffturkeybutterfly balloonsturkish bathheritage travelballoon ridefairy chimneyscommon areasbeautiful hotelunique experiencethe hot air balloonsamazing viewsmagical placeday touropen air museumunderground cities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Kelebek was recommended to us by different people and we can now understand why. Our stay was excellent and with coffee and tea on the house, we just had to visit the outside sitting area often - and it was so special. Especially to watch the sun set over the magical valley. Breakfast was excellent. They organised the balloon flight for us and were also extremely helpful to help us with renting a car to explore Cappadoccia.They picked us up and dropped us at the Kayseri airport. Everything worked out as scheduled. It was lovely to have a drink at the swimming pool in the late afternoons and mingle with other guests. We will now also recommend Kelebek Cave Hotel.
If I may, I'd like to also give some constructive criticism: We stayed in Room 12 and the people getting up early for the balloon flights as well as people coming and going from the restaurant had to pass our room. The woke us up many times. Although the breakfast served at the hotel is stunning, the bun they give you when you go to the airport before breakfast (which you pay for) is absolutely without taste - no butter, a piece of tomato and a green leaf and that is all. I'm sure Kelebek could improve on that!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank wannagoplaces2
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful hotel for 3 nights. I loved my "fairy chimney" room and the views from the hotel are magical, especially around sunrise when you can watch the hot air balloons floating by. There is a beautiful garden and a very nice swimming pool too. One of the reasons I booked this hotel is because of their option to visit the family farm for an organic breakfast and a bit of history and I thoroughly enjoyed that excursion and the delicious breakfast. The food on the hotel premises at their restaurant was also delicious. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The rooms are lovely, quiet, comfortable, clean & beautifully decorated. Having been a professional massage therapist for over 20 years I must mention the excellent reflexology treatment I received at their heavenly Hamam. The airport transfers they offer are very convenient as well. Cappadocia is a very unique and special place and Goreme itself has a lot to offer. I highly recommend going on a hot air balloon ride. That was so much fun and wow...the views are spectacular. I hope to return to the Kelebek Hotel and bring my husband with me. He'd love it too.

Room Tip: I loved the fairy chimney room. I imagine all the rooms are nice though. It's a lovely hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Tracey S
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in June. The Kelebek was everything the reviews tell you and more! A truly amazing hotel in a wonderful setting, with fantastic views of Goreme and beyond. There are just so many interesting and stunning views within the hotel grounds and terraces and for anyone who enjoys taking photos, you will be in photograph heaven!
The breakfast was to die for and we were spoilt for choice each morning.
We also went on the Organic Breakfast trip which was fab and again absolutely delicious food. It was also good to hear some history of the area as we travelled in our 'Ark' to the Hidden Valley. Be aware that there are a lot of steps down to the Valley but it is well worth the walk and the steps are safe (I am not good with heights or a lover of steps but managed these well)
We ate at the hotel one evening and the food was very good. Wine prices began at 10tl for a glass or 30tl for a bottle which we thought was very good value for money and very comparable to the rest of Goreme. We thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the various balcony areas, taking in the wonderful views, especially as the sun began to set and the village began to light up at night.
The staff at the hotel were lovely and Ozlem was extremely helpful in dealing with my queries before we arrived and whilst we were there. However, the one member of staff who stands out the most is Mert (the Manager). Mert was a truly, lovely, gentleman who went out of his way to assist us. On our last day, he very kindly drove us up to a walking start point so that we could walk to the White Valley and onto Love Valley. He also allowed us to keep our room on until late in the afternoon without any additional cost.
The hotel is set on a bit of an incline. There is a back way out of the hotel which takes you directly into the centre of Goreme and you may find this a little easier and a little faster than using the main exit. There are lots of little streets to explore too which are charming and easily accessible on foot.
Finally, it is well worth the effort to get up early and watch the balloons take off (if, like me you are too scared to actually go up in one!) It was a magical experience, watching the sunrise and the balloons appearing all around.
Cannot praise this hotel highly enough and would thoroughly recommend it. Would also recommend using the shuttle bus service which was arranged by the hotel.
A big 'thank you' to Mert bey and all of the team at the Kelebek for our very memorable stay in Cappadocia.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen H
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We just stayed two nights at the Kelebek Special Cave Hotel. What a wonder experience visiting the region. The hotel has a wonderful and friendly staff. Our daughters stayed in one of the incrdible cave rooms and my husband and I stayed in beautiful room 110. The hotel has lovely common areas with great views of the town, really nice breakfast buffet and drinks and snacks throughout the day. I went to the traditional Turkish breakfast that is held every day in a beautiful setting in a nearby valley. You get there by a tractor pulling a large wagon. It was fun and the owner gave us a little history of how his family started the inn. Local women had a amazing spread of Turkish breakfast foods waiting for our group. The staff is extremely helpful in booking balloon flights, airport transportation or tours. I would recommend visiting Goreme and staying in this wonderful and special property.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gator544
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here from 7-10 Jul 2014. From Day 1, we were absolutely wow-ed by the beautiful views and the unique cave room that was assigned to us.

There is a beautiful terrace and restaurant area which serves free apple tea all day round - you get to chill and relax - watching the Rose Valley from a distance in the evening and hot air balloons dotting the skyline in the morning.

And the breakfast was the best out of our 2 weeks travel in Turkey. Cheese, fruit (fresh and dried), they even provided a honeycomb for you to cut into for breakfast ~

I am giving this hotel 4/5 because the room was clean - but sometimes didn't feel clean enough and the bathroom only had 1 light - so it was really a tad dark while showering. (e.g. covers reused, thrown on the floor while changing sheets)

Room Tip: You can choose a specific room by viewing the hotel website. What you see is that we you get.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends