“Amazing Hotel!”

Kelebek Special Cave Hotel
Ranked #7 of 78 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The hotel is beautiful, clean and with a lovely central location and great views, but what really sets it apart is the attentive and friendly staff. The concierge was extremely knowledgeable about the area and gave really good advice about the many activities the area has to offer. I really appreciated that he took so much time with us and not in a salesy kind of way. It felt like having a friend there.
recommend whole heartedly, you will not regret your stay here!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed four (4) nights at Kelebek Special Cave Hotel in early August 2014. We greatly enjoyed our time at this hotel, and were quite impressed with all members of the staff. Special note to the waiters, spa attendants, housekeepers and porters. Thank you very much in making our stay a very pleasant experience. We hope to explore more of Cappadocia in the future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hinjang
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We LOVED this hotel. The attention to detail, the service, the tranquility of the place. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel, we saw a few others while at Capaddocia and came to the conclusion that we stayed at the best one!
The pool is awesome :)

Room Tip: All rooms are good, we ended up staying an extra night and were given another room, they are all di...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Throughout my entire month in Turkey - this was, hands-down, the best place I stayed at - for so many reasons.

Let's start with the service. I arrived late at night and the receptionist gave me a brief rundown of the hotel and then let me register the next morning. Everyone there was so helpful in pointing things out, setting up tours and arranging my time in Cappadocia the way I wanted to spend it - to the extent that when I asked which restaurants were great for solo travelers looking to relax, they knew exactly where to point me (Fat Boys!)

The tour that they offered me through Turkey Heritage was excellent as well. The tourguide was so knowledgable and wasn't afraid to be completely honest about what was not known (such as in the Underground City) - whereas I think many other tour guides would have lied and told you a good story to make you more happy with the company.

Also, I took the morning organic breakfast. This is a MUST! The food - the cucumbers, the cheese, the sour cherry jam - I will dream about it. This is the way food should taste, and my experience there has definitely changed the way I think about food now. Plus, the family that farms everything for the Kelebek Hotel and runs the organic breakfast is really kind and knowledgable.

I stayed in the fairy chimney and loved it. The rooms are small and only have one plug, but they have history - and you are actually staying in a cave. I would suggest though that if you have bad knees these fairy chimneys may not be the best as the stairs are quite steep - and every time you need To go to the bathroom you need to go up and down them.

If you are even considering the Kelebek Hotel, go make your reservation now. I promise you will not regret it. This place was amazing, and I cannot wait to return.

Thanks so much to everyone at the Kelebek for such a great experience in Cappadocia. -- Charlene

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is one of the nicest places that I have ever stayed. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous! Comfortable beds, beautiful furnishings.
The staff is helpful for making you feel at home. They will book tours for you too!
Gorgeous!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stopped off for 3 days on a road trip around South-Western Turkey and Kelebek was by far the best part of the trip. From the incredibly helpful and amazingly friendly staff who go out of their way to make your visit to Goreme perfect, to the place itself which is an amazing location with great facilities, to the impeccable rooms and service, great food, outstanding Hammam, free breakfast visit to their farm (a must see), and as well as great tips for getting the best of your stay in Goreme. A must basically - hit up the presidential suite its not that pricey and you sleep like a king!!

Room Tip: Get the presidential suite!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We really enjoyed our three night stay at the Kelebek Cave Hotel. The staff were very welcoming and helpful and the manager would go out of his way to spend time with us each morning, planning a manageable route on the map and pinpointing the sites for us to visit. We had hired a car and he genuinely wanted us to enjoy the most from our stay, which we greatly appreciated. The breakfasts were delicious and the views from the terrace absolutely out of this world. Thank you for a thoroughly amazing stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
Aydinli Cave Hotel
#13 of 78 in Goreme
Mithra Cave Hotel
Mithra Cave Hotel
#16 of 78 in Goreme

Been to Kelebek Special Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!