“The cave hotel to beat!”

Kelebek Special Cave Hotel
Ranked #8 of 76 Hotels in Goreme
Seattle, Washington
“The cave hotel to beat!”
Reviewed 23 August 2010

I would say "worth the splurge" if it was twice as much. As it is, I can't believe how great it was for such a reasonable price. We had a suite for 90 Euros a night and it was fantastic. I know there are many cave hotels in town but I can't imagine that any could be nicer than this place. It's a cave so I guess it's a little dark, but other than that it is one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in! Bathrobes were comfy, the bathroom was spacious, service was friendly, the breakfast buffet was well-stocked. We had a little fireplace in the room with enough wood for a fire that lasted about an hour. Were there any negatives? Well, the room wasn't perfectly ready when we were ready to check in. It was pretty hot in there so we left our windows open and came home to a cat in our room (that was pretty funny actually but wouldn't be to some). We were left a few pieces of turkish delight on the coffee table but once we ate those the supply was never replenished. Other than that, the only negative I can think of is that for mobility impaired people this wouldn't be a great choice. There are several sets of stairs in the complex and there's a pretty steep walk uphill from town.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank TheophaniaSeattle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (642)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 8 August 2010

This Hotel is very accommodating. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. We were able to schedule all other activities with the hotel staff. The booking for the hotel was easy and the staff friendly.

pasadena
Reviewed 6 August 2010

Staying at the Kelebek was almost surreal as if there really were magic carpets rides and after such a journey you'd really want to stay in a beautiful cave hotel! The Kelebek had everything... comfortable cool rooms, fabulous food! (we also ate at the restaurant of their adjacent hotel which was by far the best food in Turkey!)The staff was great including the folks at the full service tourist agency Turkey Heritage Travel located right on the premises! The pool was a perfect oasis after a hot day sightseeing...and the hamam was excellent!
Its definitely worth the long journey to get to Capadoccia and staying at the Kelebec made the whole experience devine!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Tehran
Reviewed 4 August 2010

We spent 2 nights in Kelebek hotel, and we felt very comfortable here. The website was very helpful, so we already new our room number. The room was cosy & clean. We used the facilities including free internet access, there are also two available posts, and we enjoyed the pool after one day trekking. The hotel is a mix of traditional and modern designe and the deck and lounge are comfortable. The breakfast was very good. Also it is located in good hight in Goreme and the view is great. Staff are friendly and very professional. It is a hotel I will remember as a great place for sure.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 2 August 2010

The Kelebec Hotel manages the nearby Goreme Cave House Rental. During our stay Kelebec staff and the manager were very welcoming and helpful. We also had use of the hotel facilities including free internet access.
Our stay at Goreme Cave House was wonderful. In just four days we felt as if we had settled into a traditional village neighborhood, with the sound of roosters and milk hitting a plastic bucket in the morning.
The house is a short way up a cobblestone lane and overlooks Goreme and the amazing formations throughout the town and valley. The Cave House is a perfect mix of traditional and modern with a traditional stone court yard and cave rooms contrasting with a modern kitchen and bathrooms. Very comfortable.
The cave house is large enough for several family members or friends to have their own bedrooms with plenty of room to get together in the kitchen, on the deck or in the comfortable lounge. Also the individual rooms can be rented, although the rate for the house as a whole is quite reasonable.
Goreme itself is a nice blend of traditional Turkish village and tourist amenities including several very good restaurants. Geographically, it is in just the right spot as a base for exploring Cappadocia

Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Fareham
Reviewed 1 August 2010

Whilst in Turkey for my wedding my Dad and his fiance stayed at the Kelebek Hotel and it was when we dropped them off there that I decided that myself and my husband would also stay there for part of our honeymoon....the hotel looked gorgeous!
We actually stayed in the Taskonak Hotel which is run by the same people and just a few minutes from the Kelebek.We had use of all of the facilities there, inc the swimming pool, restaurant and Turkish bath......which I totally recommend!!! it was the most relaxing experience ever!
Our bedroom was rather small but cosy and very clean.
The breakfasts at the Kelebek were always lovely with lots of different foods on offer.
Myself and my husband and also my Dad and his fiance all had a fantastic time and would definately go back.
Stay at the Kelebek, you will not be disapointed!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Cappadocia was no doubt the highlight of my trip in Turkey and I have Kelebec to thank for that. Not only was the staff helpfull and well informed, the rooms were cozy, sweet and confortable. After two days of non-stop trekking, I enjoyed an afternoon by the great pool. I also ate at the restaurant one night and the food was great. To top things off, when I got the bill, I was so suprised at the good prices for both food and rooms. All and all, it was a great experience and I will definitly go back to Cappadocia and to Kelebec!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
Divan Cave House
Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia
Sultan Cave Suites
Sultan Cave Suites
#15 of 76 in Goreme

Been to Kelebek Special Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!