“Do not come here in summer!”
Review of Ciner Hotel

Ciner Hotel
Ranked #61 of 69 Hotels in Goreme
“Do not come here in summer!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Nice looking hotel with pool but average service and no cooling at all!! No air con, no fans! There were done fans but not enough for all rooms. We started for 4 nights and sweated ourselves to sleep each night. Avoid...

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Jesse B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I was there as a part of a tour and first impressions were pretty good. The building seemed to be in good shape and the scenery outside is spectacular but all of Goreme is spectacular so not too hard to accomplish.
The staff were friendly but desperately disorganised as it took some time to get our rooms organised and when they were, they still managed to mess up the luggage delivery with one of our group missing their bags for some time. At first we thought it was stolen but it turned out to have been delivered to a vacant room.
The room was quite nice and cosy but the bathroom walls we're a little thin.
It is located just out of the town centre and is only a 10 minute walk.
Overall it isn't a bad hotel and I wouldn't mind staying there again if other options weren't available.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the field across the road. Sometimes the hot air balloons will land there and...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Ireland
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Was so wary after reading the reviews but ended up being really impressed with the Ciner. Located on the outskirts (10 minute walk) outside town, it's a lovely quiet spot away from the hustle and bustle of Goreme. The walk back is dark but we had no issues or any trouble strolling back each evening.
Staff were incredibly helpful and kind in dealing with all queries. Rooms were very clean and serviced daily, plenty of hot water and a working fridge. It's worth noting there is no air conditioning (common in this region) and the rooms get very warm at night.
Breakfast each morning had a good selection and was tasty. Wifi was very flaky at times but we've had this issue in several locations.
Ciner's crowning glory is the fantastic swimming pool. Refreshingly cool and plenty deep (2m), it provides the perfect way to cool down in the hot afternoons after a days excursions around Cappadocia. Recommended.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank intrepudtraveller
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I had enjoyed my stay at Ciner; the room was perfectly nice and they even were good enough to extend my checkout time when I felt ill at the end of my stay. But when I left, I discovered that over 100 US dollars had disappeared from a drawer in the room. Naturally, no one on the staff recalled seeing the money, and it is possible that some outsider broke into my room when I was out. However, it seems far more likely that the money was taken by a member of the hotel staff when my room was cleaned. I realize that it is my fault for leaving cash in a hotel room, but still, but I also think it is a fair expectation that belongings left in your room will be safe.

I was about to leave town when this occurred, so I didn't want to go through the hassle of filing a police report in a foreign country. However, I felt it was appropriate to post this review so that other travellers are more cautious than I was, and so that there is some accountability for the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Benjamin L

Travellers are raving about these Goreme hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights as part of a tour. I probably would have left the 2nd day if I were travelling independently.
It was located about a 5-10 minute walk out of town; fine in the daytime but a little creepy after dark. Seemed a safe area however so I don't mean unsafe, it just wasn't well lit. It was a good spot to go ballooning from, and the location was close to town but far away enough not to be particularly noisy.
The room was really clean (as it seemed is the 'norm' in Turkey) and the water pressure was good but that's probably where any compliments end.

* There was absolutely no hot water 2 of the 3 mornings. Our guide complained and was told there was nothing wrong with their system. Apparently over a dozen of us were imagining this. I think what happens is people get up super early (4am-ish) to do ballooning, use up all the hot water, and everyone else gets the leftovers, as the only time I got hot water was my ballooning morning.
* The pillows were old and lumpy. Just generally the decor was outdated. The plugs for the fridge and tv thing looked unsafe, the fridge was dusty as anything inside and out and didn't really work; I felt like I was in a 70's time warp.
* The washing at 30 liras for the bag came back damp and unusable. Had to hang most of it around the room for a day or so, and go in damp jeans on a freezing morning for ballooning. Not appreciated.
* Wifi was poor. Didn't work in the rooms, worked intermittently in the lobby area, pretty useless.
* There were no blackout blinds to block out the street light glare or sun in the early morning.

Pretty much giving it 2 stars as it wasn't the worst place I've stayed in, was clean, and the staff whilst not being friendly or very helpful were at least polite and it was nice to have a pool.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

we was 2 night in cinar hotel. we was 3person in one triple room. the roomis clean offcours whitout trash. a little TV and a bit dark. also our room hasent any air counditioner. the bathroom was clean and smal butits ok for us. the shower was not good. the breakfast is good for 2 stars hotels and staf was kindly and helpfool. about tours you can find beter prices in village. its a bit far from village but its ok for us but if you want to go there at mid night or later you shoud take taxi about10 tl its a bit expencive thannormal rate.internetwas good. we was happy there :-)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights as part of a tour. This hotel is on the outskirts of town and is only a short walk to the town itself. The room itself was quite large, however, the bathroom was very small and the toilet was awkward to use. Also the room (excluding the bathroom) only had one low wattage light. There was insufficient light to read a book at night (I was lucky I read a book I had downloaded onto my iPad). Also there was only 2 power points with which to charge electronic gear which meant unplugging the TV and or fridge ( after having moved the fridge from the wall and using a torch to see what one was doing). The room was in urgent need of renovations. Had to close the window at night because of the traffic noise, which started early due to the hot air ballooning industry.
WiFi was ok for the first day but after that the connection was very poor.
Choices at breakfast was limited, particularly the hot food - can't come at French fries for breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road, traffic noise can be a problem.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo