“Great service and friendly staff”
Review of Heybe Hotel

Heybe Hotel
Ranked #13 of 74 Goreme B&B and Inns
Maitland, Australia
“Great service and friendly staff”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Mert and his crew could not have been more attentive, we were driven free of charge to a couple of locations with a travelogue and some humour on the way. To be greeted with a cold beer on our return was a true winner.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank flhrdad01
Heybe, Manager at Heybe Hotel, responded to this review, 16 November 2012
Thank you very much for taking time to share your recent experience with us. It was a great pleasure meeting you. I have shared your comments with the team and they are all very motivated. We are all looking forward to wellcome you again in the future.

Filiz SARIŞIN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Salzburg, Austria
Reviewed 5 November 2012

we spent a great holiday in this wonderful hotel. staff are extremely friendly and helpful. the hotel is situated in a quiet area in göreme, yet it's just a short walk away from the centre of the village with lots of bars and restaurants. everybody in the hotel cares about you and they help you planning your stay and organizing trips.
göreme and surrounding area is one of the most spectacular landscapes you can see in europe (and western asia). it's a great place for hiking, moutainbiking, horseback riding and - of course - going on a balloon trip as well as seeing cultural highlights like the whirling dervishes and ancient cave churches and houses.
all in all a wonderful place - highly recommendable!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank manfred24

Parkdale, Australia
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We had 3 nights in this fantastic hotel. Good location close to one of the main balloon companies which we used. We went on a balloon ride at a very civilized time of 6am. This was the absolute highlight of our 15 days in Turkey ! The staff were incredible with the manager explaining each of the plentiful breakfast. I would stay here a lot longer if it as possible. The view of balloons going duringbreakfast was breathtaking

Room Tip: A room at the back so that you can see the balloons first thing in the morning
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank tonyb64

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This hotel is obviously a great choice in Cappadocia, as you can tell from all these amazing reviews. I have never been greeted with such genuine warmth and kindness from Mert and all his staff. They offered to drive me to various sites and beautiful hikes and also offered to pick me up after the long hikes. I got lost on one hike and found a kind man who called them for me and they came and got me. I was embarrassed, but they were so sweet about it and made me feel at ease.
The breakfast is something I still miss! It was delicious. A full spread of all the tasty food Turkey has to offer. And the young, friendly guys who worked the breakfast service were incredibly attentive and kind.
My room was very comfortable and big, without being too overdone. It was also extremely clean. I did not get to the pool as when I came home from a day of seeing the sites, it had cooled down quite a bit outside.
This hotel seems to get it that friendly service is everything. I hope I can go back for a visit again!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Rosetta S
Heybe, Manager at Heybe Hotel, responded to this review, 21 October 2012
We appreciate your time in writing your thoughts about your experience at Heybe Hotel. I appreciate your positive feedback about breakfast buffet and our friendly staff members

I have shared your comments with the team and they are all very motivated. Our focus is to show Turkish Hospitality to all our guests from all over the world.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 19 October 2012

This hotel was the best in every way. It had a great location on a quiet street yet close to everything. You could see the balloons everyday and sometimes they were so close. The breakfast was excellent. It had the best jam I have ever tasted. Above all what made this hotel stand out so much were the Staff. Then manager and all the staff work so hard. They are always smiling when you walk in or out. Also you can hike and they will drive you to the start of the hike and they will tell you all about it. That was so nice of them. We would have never found any of the places we were without that. They arrange all your tours for you too. It was so nice to find a place like that after arriving on an all night bus. We got there at 6 in the morning and they had our room all ready and even offered to make us some coffee. Wow. I would advise anyone going to Goreme to definitely stay in this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BarbandMike2012

Milan, Italy
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Unfortunately we couldn’t stay in the superior room, as they all were fully booked. The standard rooms are clean but small, as is the enclosed bathroom. The hotel is quiet, parking is easy, wi-fi works, coffee, tea and drinking water are available free of cost. Breakfast is excellent, may be the best we had in Turkey. We didn’t use the pool, yet it seems OK.
Receptionists are friendly and helpful. The staff provides lots of useful information, and can drop you where the beautiful trails start (pigeon valley, rose valley and more) and pickup you even after some hours where the trail ends. Nice place, nice people, superb breakfast.
Maybe the superior room deserves even a better evaluation. Omar, the director, is a guy who likes his job.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank peder22

East Grinstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2012

The simplicity of the rooms makes this the ideal place to retreat to after exciting days exploring the unique scenery. The small town atmosphere is added to by the friendliness of the staff who were always available. A plentiful supply of free water, apple tea and coffee in the cozy bar area. Good wifi connection.
A splendid breakfast spread that can be enjoyed as hot air balloons hover overhead - great choice of both fresh and dried fruits, the most amazing yogurt with honey, halva, pastries, breads, cheeses, cold meats, salads, pickles. Excellent coffee and apple tea and cherry juice that is so scrummy you go back for more.
Only criticism is the tiny bathroom with little space between toilet and shower.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends