“Lovely hotel with incredibly helpful staff”
Review of Heybe Hotel

Heybe Hotel
Ranked #11 of 75 Goreme B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stayed 4 days in may, 2013, and were thoroughly impressed by the warmth and helpfulness of the staff. Feliz, the hotel manager, is wonderful. She actually prepared a hiking itinerary for us that was much better than the one offered by a local tour company, and personally dropped us off and picked us up from the trails - without charge. The hotel itself is absolutely lovely, and Breakfast is delicious and various. Plus, the roof top dining room with a view of the inimitable Capaddocia hills, is a bonus. We always book standard rooms when we travel, preferring to spend money on other things, so the small size of the room and bathroom, and little storage space did not bother us. But if you like bigger rooms, upgrade to a suite or ask for a room in the sister hotel just up the hill. It has cave rooms, if you want the experience; i think it's called Kittebeh - i know it starts with a K!

Room Tip: Upgrade beyond standard if small rooms bother you. Ask for a room not facing east if you don't w...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 22melimelo
There are newer reviews for Heybe Hotel

Reviewed 26 May 2013

I have just stayed 2 nights at Heybe Hotel. From the time of arrival until departure, the staff were friendly and accommodating. The beds were as comfortable as any you will find in Turkey (not as good as my Tempur) I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank AussieTraveller5401
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I stayed at the Heybe Hotel in May 2013 and found this an excellent hotel. The staff there were very friendly and helpful, the rooms very comfortable, clean and were just perfect. Also found the food here delicious - breakfast was a buffet with a very wide selection of things to choose from including a few things I have never tried before. Evening meal was delicious and substantial. there are lovely sitting areas with dining areas inside and outside with a view up Pigeon Valley.
The location was perfect for me too. I am a keen birdwatcher and you can literally walk out of the door and within minutes you can be birdwatching amongst the wonderful landscape of Pigeon Valley
I have staying in a couple of hotels in Goreme before and this was the best I have tried. The friendly and helpful staff make it even better!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank royjane21
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Super location and great home for our stay in kapadokia. Superb service, warm people and cozy atmosphere make it the best option in the region for sure. Loved to stay there and when saying goodbye it felt like a family fairwell. Our choice was perfect and Filiz and her crew were the best.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ana F
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Recently, my wife and I had the pleasure of staying in the Heybe Hotel. After an overnight bus ride, we arrived in Goerme around 8:00 AM and walked the short distance to the hotel, expecting not to be able to check in until 12:00. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the manager (Fillz) and offered to store our pacts in a secured room. She then took us to the 3rd floor where breakfast was being served in a wonderful location along with a 180 degree view of the beautiful town of Goreme. We have been traveling in Turkey for 3 weeks and have not experienced a breakfast buffet that came close this one - numerous fresh veggies, fresh & dried fruits, cereals, yogurt, tea (of course) and freshly brewed coffee. After our meal, Fillz sat down with us and explained the various hikes we could experience. When we asked how we could get to the trail head, she said that she would drive us to the start of the hike and offered her phone number if we wanted to be picked up latter. I should also mention that we initially booked this hotel for 2 nights but by the time we finished breakfast we extended our stay for 2 more days. Not only was the manager wonderful, we also experienced the same level of service throughout the facility by the staff. You can not go wrong with Heybe Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TCL63
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I stayed 6 days at Heybe hotel in Goreme and it is difficult to describe how great Filiz and her team have been in making me feel welcome and showing me that they cared about my experience staying at Heybe. The free ride to trail head (or pickup at the end) that they offer, alone, made things so much easier in Goreme for a solo traveler like myself.

Filiz was so involved and cared so much that I was under the impression that she was the owner or at least her family. But no, she does a great job and cares for the guest as if it was her own hotel. Actually I'd say that she and her team almost made me feel like I was part of the family.

Really, an awesome stay in an awesome region.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Sylvain_Nomad
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My sister and Istayed at Heybe Hotel for 3 nights in early April 2013 and were very happy about it. The hotel manager Filiz was competent, sweet, never tired of doing her best to make the stay at Heybe a pleasant experience. She often went out of her way to bring us to and pick us up from the trail head and exchanged numerous emails to give me advice while I was planning the trip to Cappadocia.

The hotel is well located with clean rooms and nice breakfast. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends