“5+ Star Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 76 Goreme B&B and Inns
Bellingen, Australia
“5+ Star Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

I spent 6 nights at Heybe with Feliz and her incredible team. Nothing was a problem -- they shuttled me to and from sights, tours and hikes at all hours of the day and night. They booked attractions for me at discounted rates; supplied me with water and tea whenever I asked; made me an omelette for breakfast; and generally made sure I was okay in my travels. I picked Heybe based on recommendations and was not disappointed. The location is great -- a flat 2 minute walk into town (important in the plus 30 degree heat) and the pool and sauna were amazing. I swam on average 2-3 times a day and usually had the pool to myself. Being underground, it was very cool and a welcomed relief to the biting sun. The breakfasts were great and they even packed me take away sandwiches for an early flight. The rooms were good, with air-con, wi-fi, cable TV and a really comfortable bed. The windows insulated any noise, so I slept very well. There was sufficient room so as not to feel boxed in. Overall, this was a great place to base my stay in Goreme. While the fairy chimney hotels have a romantic appeal, I would not go past Heybe for comfort and service. A special thanks to Feliz ,who is an exceptional hotel manager and a credit to this company.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank ZeddyDog
Heybe, Manager at Heybe Hotel, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Thank you for your kind and thank you for taking time to share your recent experience with us. We are glad to know that you are satisfied with our service. I’m verry happy to meet you and Our focus is to show Turkish Hospitality to all our guests from all over the world.

I have shared your comments with the team and they are all very motivated. We are all looking forward to wellcome you again in the future.

Thanks again, and we hope you'll choose Heybe Hotel the next time you're in Goreme.

Kind regards
Filiz Sarisin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

I spotted this property while researching places to stay in Cappadocia. The Trip Advisor reviews that I read were all quite positive, and on the strength of those I booked a two night stay for my daughter and I at the Heybe Hotel, situated close to the centre of Goreme, in late June. From the moment we set foot in the hotel we were treated with kindness by staff who could not do enough for us. We had a quiet and luxurious room with a private deck. The hotel offered an excellent breakfast each morning and was very clean and tidy.

Two staff members, namely, Erca and Emre deserve special mention as they helped organize our time in Cappadocia so as we could pack it full of memorable events. On the first afternoon they recommended that we visit Goreme's Open Air Museum (a must see) followed by a 10 Km hike through the beautiful fruit-filled Rosa Valley to Pasabag. The next morning we were up at 4:30 am in time to catch a "Butterfly" Hot Air Balloon which soared over 15 Km of valley after valley strewn with mystical Fairy Chimneys; it was the most exhilarating activity I have done to date. Later that morning we joined the Green Tour from our hotel which visited Derinkuyu's underground City (home to some 5,000 Hittites during the 4th Century), hiked the serene Ihlara Valley Canyon, and finally were taken to a vantage point overlooking Pigeon Valley.

Goreme is a very special place, and the Heybe Hotel is an excellent place to use as a base to explore it.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with a private balcony.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank ehelencheung
Heybe, Manager at Heybe Hotel, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to share your recent experience with us. It was a great pleasure meeting you. I have shared your comments with the team and they are all very motivated.

We are all looking forward to wellcome you again in the future.

Kind Regards
Filiz Sarisin
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

I stayed at the hotel for two nights. It's pretty clean and the staff is friendly. It has a very nice pool, but it was always empty, probably because everyone was enjoying the scenery of Cappadocia. The bathroom had shampoo and herbal soap. I don't know if they would have provided toothpaste if you asked them. The breakfast was excellent! There are all sorts of fruits, nuts, cheese, cereal, pastries and lots of other stuff you can choose from. Much more selection than many breakfast I had at other Turkish hotels and 100 times better than the continental breakfast served in the U.S.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Joye_NY
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

i must say i really had a great time and been enjoying my stay for 2 nights in Heybe hotel. We got upgraded to a suite room without any extra charge and given a free buffet breakfast on the day arrival. Love their room and view from the restaurant. All their staff are kind, helpful & friendly. Special credit & thanks must be given to Emre, a really helpful and friendly handsome guy, for sending/picking us to/from some nearby spots like rose/red valley & open air museum.He also introduced some good spots to be visited in Cappadocia. They also allowed us to take shower and stay in their comfy lobby after we checked out and while waiting for the overnight bus back to Istanbul. Location is good and only 5-mins walk to the bus station, the only drawback is it is not a cave hotel, but it doesn't really matter to us. We will surely come back again:-)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yhleong21
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

We just returned from a week long trip to Turkey and stayed at Heybe for the first 3 days of the trip. We had booked the hotel based on Tripadvisor review and were not disappointed. Right from the first email inquiring about the availability to our check-out it was an exceptional experience. Its a budget hotel and a great value for money. We had arranged pick-up and drop off from Kayseri airport through the hotel and it went off without an issue. The hotel itself is very conveniently located with about 3 mns walk to the bus stop / restaurant / shopping/ ATM's. Filiz the manager was very helpful and volunteered to drive us to the Goreme open air museum or hiking trails. We had already booked our tours and could not avail of the offer. We used them to book the Dervish at Saruhan which was again another great experience. Breakfast was an excellent mix of turkish and western offerings and you will not run out of options. They also make turkish omelettes to order if asked for. Roof top breakfast area has a great view of the valley. As a family we had two connecting rooms and realized it had no AC, The weather was pleasant and kept our windows open slightly (very safe) during the night and had a very comfortable sleep. If you are travelling during peak summer confirm that your rooms have AC. If you wake up early you can see the balloons taking off early morning which was a sight to behold. We used the hotel to book a last minute private day trip to Aphrodisiasis and Pamukkale from Selcuk with an Izmir airport drop off and they gave us the best price option much lower than even a group tour. Filiz and her team were very friendly and made our first few days in Turkey memorable. If my travels bring me to this part of the world once again, I would certainly return back to stay at Heybe Hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BostonTourist4
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

Excellent option to stay in Goreme, Cappadocia.
You can visit lots of places walking.
Hotel staff very friendly and they would provide as many information as they can about how to get the best of Cappadocia. They can book all type of services: walking tours, hot air ballon, car rental, turkish bath, etc...
Excellent breakfast with gorgeous view.

Room Tip: Lower level rooms would be better if you have heavy luggage due to no elevators.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fabiopimenta82
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

The hotel staff is incredibly nice! They help you with whatever you need. Transport to a nearby valley for a hike? They will drive you there. Pickup somewhere after a hike? Just give them a call. Forgot to buy water? They have a bottle for you. We arrived with the night bus from Antalya at 6:30am and could immediately check in and even have breakfast.
Rooms are clean and nice, the view is not spectacular. But there is a rooftop terrace with great views to the canyon and Uchisar where breakfast is served. Breakfast is very delicious and varied. The hotel has a big indoor swimming pool and a sauna (which is only operated on demand). And all this for a very fair price.
I can highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013