“A great value, beautiful ride” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 78 Outdoor Activities in Goreme
Omaha, Nebraska
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A great value, beautiful ride”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I have only ridden a horse twice in my life, but the horses at Dalton Brothers are very well trained. You just need to know how to tell them to stop, go, and turn left or right. Otherwise, for a beginner, the horses just follow the lead horse and you're free to enjoy the landscape. Horseback riding was a great way to see the valleys, as some of trails can be steep, narrow, and slippery with dust. There was a man who fell off of his horse toward the beginning of the ride. He wasn't hurt, but it scared him enough that he went back to the ranch and didn't complete the ride. If you're a beginner, you really need to be careful and pay attention, but I wouldn't characterize the experience as dangerous at all. The horses seem very well cared for and it seems the Dalton Brothers love animals, judging by the menagerie of cats, dogs, geese, fancy pigeons with feathery feet, African Grey parrots, chickens, and so on. Don't bring your DSLR, though. It'll just bounce around, giving you bruises, and your pictures will be blurry. Enjoy your ride!

Visited September 2013

• Turkish first
Cambridge, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Beautiful sunset ride in Cappadocia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

We rode for 2+ hours at sunset through the swords and red/rose valleys near Goreme - absolutely beautiful and our guide, Dominique, was charming and informative. We are horse novices, but loved the experience. Highly recommended for families and all.

Visited August 2013
Brooklyn, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Fun was to see a lot of what Cappadocia has to offer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

We took the 3 hour tour and saw much more than we would have been able to on foot! We loved getting to stop a few times to explore hidden cave churches and residences. Our guide, Dominique, was delightful, and the horses were well-behaved. We are by no means experienced horse riders, but we were able to enjoy our trip. Highly recommended experience!

Visited July 2013
San Francisco, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Lovely Ride in the Rose Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Our horseback ride through the Rose Valley with Dalton Brothers was a highlight of our visit to Cappadocia—responsive horses and lovely two-hour ride. The guide, one of the brothers, was quiet during the ride, but chatted with us during the tea break. My 9-year old child had previous riding experience and hi did fine (okay for kids 8-10 with riding experience, but definitely not for beginners under 10). Riding helmets are provided, but there is no instruction so I would not advise for younger children and those without previous experience.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank hoppityhop
New York City, New York
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Amazing horseback ride... guide could've been better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Overall we had a really fantastic time on our 3 hour sunset horseback ride. I would like to give this 5 stars because everything seemed organized and well-run, the horses were well-behaved, and the trail location and views are just unbeatable!! They picked us up from our hotel and brought us to the ranch, and helped us pick out horses appropriate to our level and style. I felt we got a good value for what we paid, and would definitely do it again if I went back.
However I feel I have to deduct one star because of our guide, whose name I never really did get although I asked twice while we were riding but couldn't really make out what he said since I was 2 horses back. He wasn't rude or unsafe or anything, but he seemed rather disinterested and hardly said anything throughout the ride, when there was so much that could've been pointed out. My Mom and I chose the intermediate ride because we've both ridden a fair amount over our lives, but my Mom hasn't been on a horse in many years and probably wouldn't have minded just a 2 minute refresher course or so. And the other 2 girls on our ride said they just didn't want to be stuck with beginners and have to do the shorter ride... they'd ridden just once before and weren't scared or anything, but all of a sudden they just got put on horses with no guidance whatsoever. The guide could've mentioned a few things about riding up and down mountains like when to lean your weight back, and how to guide them by using the reins.
When we started out the beginner group was just behind us and I did hear their guide giving helpful advice, so perhaps our guy just didn't speak much English which is why they put him with the intermediate riders, or maybe he was just having a bad day. But it would've made our experience even more unforgettable if he had been a little more friendly and helpful.

Visited June 2013