“Fun experience with a very nice guide”

The Dalton Brothers Ranch
Ranked #31 of 82 Outdoor Activities in Goreme
Ottawa, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fun experience with a very nice guide”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We had a lot of fun going on a 2 hour horse ride in Rose and Red Valley. The horses were calm and followed the guide making it very easy for us to follow him. The guide himself spoke little English but still had no problem communicating with us and pointing interesting details along the way. Prices were very reasonable. Overall, a fun experience and a great way to see out-of-the way caves and churches.

1 Thank Ameliefb

• Turkish first
Baku, Azerbaijan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best wive, best quid, best experience...”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

It was easy to communicate with Daltons Brothers.
Mr. Ekrem was kindly replying on all e-mails.
No matter we were not sure about date and time. at the end were late. And he was away. Staff contacted him and we've got out tour with no problems!
Staff was very professional and nice. We had two hours tour along valleys. Quid showed us everything, that was possible. Pointing what to see and stopping next to churches. Even got a key of one, that was closed already.

Would recommend to go for as many hours ride, as you can!

Amazing!!!

Visited October 2013
Portland, Oregon
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great riding experience!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I ride and have owned horsed in the states so I was really happy to find this ranch on my recent visit to Turkey. The horses are clearly taken care of and loved by their caretakers. There are also other animals there that are fun to interact with. I went on a 2 hour private ride with one of the trainers there. He is a competitive endurance rider with a ton of experience. I rode a cute and spunky Arab. The trail was challenging with a lot of ups and downs, but these horses are so sure footed. They give you a ton of confidence. Because I was an experienced rider, my guide gave me the chance to trot and canter on the flat ground. It was a lovely experience! If you don't ride, make sure you tell them, so they can find a good match for you. The Lonely Planet Turkey has a nice write-up about the founder of the ranch and his philosophy on horses.

2 Thank Kimflys
Leucadia, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“custom tailored ride”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have been a professional rider and trainer for many,many years so I rarely choose to pay for a trail ride on rent string horses. This time i'm very glad we did so. After reading a review in Practical Horseman we added this ride to our plans. I found the horses in good flesh, well shod and well cared for. My husband and I rode out with a young man who also does endurance racing. We rode up through the valleys and mesas that make up the astounding landscape around Goreme. We stopped at a couple sites and tied up the horses to climb into caves that were churches from the 10th and 11th centuries. Beautiful!

1 Thank Cathy R
Omaha, Nebraska
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A great value, beautiful ride”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I have only ridden a horse twice in my life, but the horses at Dalton Brothers are very well trained. You just need to know how to tell them to stop, go, and turn left or right. Otherwise, for a beginner, the horses just follow the lead horse and you're free to enjoy the landscape. Horseback riding was a great way to see the valleys, as some of trails can be steep, narrow, and slippery with dust. There was a man who fell off of his horse toward the beginning of the ride. He wasn't hurt, but it scared him enough that he went back to the ranch and didn't complete the ride. If you're a beginner, you really need to be careful and pay attention, but I wouldn't characterize the experience as dangerous at all. The horses seem very well cared for and it seems the Dalton Brothers love animals, judging by the menagerie of cats, dogs, geese, fancy pigeons with feathery feet, African Grey parrots, chickens, and so on. Don't bring your DSLR, though. It'll just bounce around, giving you bruises, and your pictures will be blurry. Enjoy your ride!