“Simply superb.”

Ocak Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$48
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We offer you most authentic Turkish dinning experience right in the heart of Göreme. We are open everyday 11.50am-11.50 pm. You can see the stunning view of Göreme's famous sunrise and sunset right from our garden patio. All our food are carefully prepared with the freshiest local ingredients. Our guests are important for us, they are like brothers and sisters.
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

This was one of the best dinners we had during our tukey trip last month. A family run restaurant with good food and warm service with a personal touch. The owner Ethem POLAT, was very generous and cooked the food of our choice. And it was nice to have a good chat with him over a drink. It was another great dinner of the trip.

1  Thank Satish Kumar L
ethem p, Yönetici at Ocak Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Hello venerable friend.
Thank you very much for your valuable comments.
I hope you get everything your heart desires.
I'll see you again in the future.
Take care of yourself.
Sincerely.
Ethem and Family

There are newer reviews for Ocak Restaurant

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We followed the signs and reached here and what we experienced is what makes good memories. :-)
Its a family run restaurant where every member chips in someway or the other and it translates into a warm and beautiful memory for the customers. The food was good and tasty but more than the food it is the personal warmth and care that floored us. The view is great, well most places in Goreme will have a good view. Greeted by the man of the house and escorted by their eldest ? teenage daughter, who spoke sweetly as she explained the menu of the day to me and my husband.
We selected our food and the lady of the house - a nimble footed, short, slim and energetic woman catered to us thereafter. And between our courses she suggested we take some pictures together, and one with her and me which she asked my husband to take. :-)
She could barely speak english but her gestures, body language said it all. We got served with such warmth and care.
And I got a pair of blue earings (matching my dress) as a parting gift from her too.

Wonderful family, wonderful little place, wonderful experience.........

ethem p, Yönetici at Ocak Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Reviewed 7 June 2014

A little tricky to find Ocak but follow the signs and keep walking up and up because it will be worth your while. Family restaurant with warm and generous hospitality like no other we've experienced in Turkey until today. Mother and father cook the most delicious food with love and care - daughter and son are so sweet and all want you to be happy and to feel good in their home. Massive portion of grilled chicken, rice, vegetables and salad after we'd already given in to the invitation to eat the lentil soup (fabulous) and mixed appetisers (included free). Then mother came out with some pilau to try (melt-in-the-mouth) as an extra treat. We foolishly thought we could fit in dessert and ordered two - almost had to roll home down the hill, we were so full. Mother and daughter met us outside to say farewell and even gave me a gift of handmade earrings and allowed a photo to be taken. Everything was superb. Highly recommended. VERY reasonably priced - we ate a HUGE meal for hardly any money. Thank you so much Ethem Polat and Family.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I and my husband went to Ocak in June two time. It was just an unforgettable memory. Though we just noticed Ocak has so higher rating in Tripadvisor, anyway, they are deserved to have good comments because they always wanted to serve us the best by whatever they could. We know their name from the staff of Turquaz hotel, just next to Ocak. After we dropped our luggages to the hotel, it was so late at night. Thus we went to Ocak because of it convenience and family style. We were the first customers at the time. It was a bit cold but we still wanted to sit outside. They tried to keep us warm by keeping on adding woods in the stove. The set with rice, wheat and lentil mix soup was tasty, especially the soup. The beef kebab was tender and delicious. Though the taste of traditional pasta was quite special to us, cold and bit sour, you could still have a try. The most impressive one was the two pieces of cakes filled with walnuts made by her wife as compliment. Even we could not finish all the desserts at once, they were still yummy after two days in our trip.

On the last day we stayed in Goreme, we visited them second time before our overnight bus to Pamukkale. We asked them if they could make something for us to take away. Finally the couple and the another guy worked together to pack us two delicious luchboxes with grilled veggies, Turkish sausages , rice and bread. We felt so warm to be served by this family. It made our day.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We heard this restaurant was good, but with construction may have been hard to find. One of the owners came by motorbike to lead us to the restaurant. The seating was on the flat roof, and we felt like we got an authentic meal with great service. The restaurant overlooked a residential area. We ordered a traditional meal that was cooked in a ceramic pot. It was excellent and I was surprised how much meat was served. It was delicious.