“Nice Hotel, Nice Location”
Review of Gedik Cave Hotel

Gedik Cave Hotel
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Enjoyed our stay at the Gedik Cave Hotel. Erdogan and Danielle were always friendly and available to assist in any way. Erdogan quickly answered emails and helped me arrange tours of the area. Breakfast was good, room was clean and spacious, wifi worked very well and location is good. We would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I went to this hotel with my family. We got to goreme early in the morning. But the hotel manager pick us up at the otogar and let us get into the room. The room was very large with two rooms. Also with sizable sofa. The bath room was new and clean. Well maintained. It is walking distance from town where otoar and restaurants are.

Breakfast was good with various food I am telling you go to this hotel you wont regret.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

We are staying here at the moment.
The room is cozy and clean. The stuffs in the room are well-arranged. Staffs are kind, I think. But one thing that makes me frustrated is that we need to manage some ants inside the room. Since I saw an ant on the bed, I feel itchy a bit. I'm sure it's not an ant-bite, but mentally feel itchy. ^^;;;

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kahjoe0613
Reviewed 6 January 2014

A beautiful location with very clean and well furnished rooms. The hosts were absolutely lovely and always happy to help. The breakfast was the best that we had in turkey. Definitely recommend to friends and family!! :)

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We loved our time at the Gedik Cave Hotel. The owners are incredibly helpful and the hotel is beautiful and comfortable. Erdogan and Danielle are fantastic hosts. Erdogan was extremely helpful, from the moment I contacted him online, to the moment we checked out. He answered emailed questions quickly and in detail. When we arrived he made recommendations of routes we could drive to see the most unique formations. Our cave room was a great, unique experience. The room was spacious, warm and comfortable. We had reliable, fast wifi in our room. A sumptuous, delicious breakfast was served every day in the common room with a wood burning stove and a gorgeous view. The hotel is on a quiet street, just a short walk from restaurants, stores and the center of town. Goreme is the perfect town to stay in while visiting Cappadocia as it is in the center of the region, near 2 open air museums and numerous hiking and driving routes. We are so glad we found the Gedik Cave Hotel and Erdogan. Staying here and having Erdogan's help assured we had a fantastic visit.

Room Tip: Room 3 is large, unique, quiet, warm and comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed here for two nights with my husband and our three year old daughter. Our daughter was very nicely nicely playing with another little girl in the reception area after breakfast, when suddenly the Dutch woman and Turkish man who run this place acted aggressively to us, saying that the children were giving them headaches and we should go to our rooms! The next evening we had tea in the reception area again, and they told us off for not clearing our dishes! There was a dog wandering around the breakfast area and we were rudely warned that it might bite our child. Even if they offered to let me stay for free, I would refuse to ever set foot in this place again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank 19Kristin19
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. The couple, a Turkish man and a Dutch woman, who owned the place were so kind and helpful. They willingly helped with setting up all of our tours/activities in the region. And, some included a discount. The breakfast was fresh and healthy, typical of a Turkish breakfast! The cave rooms were very cozy and the bed was very comfortable! It is also a great location because the center of town can be walked to in less than five minutes! I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends