Goreme Valley Cave House
US$91
US$88
US$126
Travelocity
Lalezar Cave Hotel(Goreme)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$94
US$91
US$138
Travelocity
Cappadocia Stone Palace(Goreme)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$116
US$80
US$78
Travelocity
All reviewscave housethe bushomemade jamscozy placetea coffeehorseback ridingcomfortable bedslocation is excellentprivate tourgreen tourballoon flighthosthospitalitycheesecappadociatoursotogar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is the only review I will take time to write out of all the places we stayed during our two weeks in Turkey. They simply deserve the praise! We LOVED our stay at goreme valley cave house and could not have been happier with the accommodations and especially the service.
From the many highly ranked hotels in goreme, it is obvious that you can find a comfortable place to stay throughout this small town. You can also easily pay a fortune for your stay. We were traveling on a budget so our choices were limited which turned out to be a giant blessing. I feel so fortunate we booked this place instead of one of the other many options. I cannot recommend this place high enough!

A positive experience on vacation goes far beyond a comfortable place to lay your head at night. Our time at gerome valley cave house contributed greatly to our overall experience in Cappadocia. As others have said, the owners make this place unique, a family of four that you will quickly get acquainted with.They are generous, kind, accommodating, thoughtful and funny! You are not treated as as an inconvenience or tourists but as friends. They are truly happy to pull their connections to make sure you have a good experience. They are proud of their village and want you to walk away feeling the same way. I'm not sure when Ahmed sleeps as he is up to help those catching hot air balloons leave at 5:00 am and greeting you when you wander in at 11:30pm. Very attentive.

Other things to consider...
PRICE....For us the price was what convinced us to give this place a shot. The price is low for such a quality experience. There weren't many reviews but we figured it couldn't be worse than some of the other places we stayed. I soon realized they weren't heavily reviewed because Ahmet, the son, just took over the business and they are starting from scratch. Don't let this sway you!
LOCATION IS PERFECT.....No hills to hike or stairs to climb to get to the hotel. Located in the heart of the small village, close to everything, yet far enough away from restaurants and shops so the nights are quiet.
BREAKFAST IS SUPURB.....Fresh bread, poached eggs, a variety of honeys and fresh veg. Once in a while mama makes a surprise for breakfast.
CLEAN?......VERY! The place has recently been renovated. New linens, new bathrooms, etc... Our room had two single beds with a bathroom. Shower had good water pressure and plenty of hot water.
ROOMS.......I noticed one review mentioned a smell in the bathroom, there were two mothballs in the sink but we certainly did not smell mold. This was a common practice in a lot of places we stayed. Just ask Ahmed to remove them if the smell bothers you, no big deal. He also mentioned the rooms were small. This is true if you are used to a typical chain hotel room with two double beds but this is a small Ma & Pa establishment and the rooms reflect that. The room we stayed in had two single beds with a bathroom. Beds felt new and were are on the firm side which I found perfect. The non-cave rooms have big windows open up so we could sleep with a nice breeze and watch the hot air balloons float past in the morning. There are both cave rooms and regular rooms available. You are in for a memorable vacation if you book your stay here. Thanks a million Ahmed! Expect the girls from Japan, America, Bulgaria to knock on your door in the future!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank litajane
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This place is run by a family, who are all absolutely amazing. Ahmet, who seems to be the most present is very nice and extremely helpful. From the beginning, as soon as I made the reservation he emailed me with tour information and hot air balloon options which were were able to book through him. Then he arranged for a service to pick us up at the airport. Then even though we arrived before the check in time, we were able to drop our bags off and they prepared a room early for us. Then he gave us great suggestions for how to spend our first free day there. Then in the evening, out of the goodness of his heart, he drove my sister and I to a sunset viewing point that was absolutely breathtaking. THEN he invited us to eat ramadan dinner with his family, which was amazing and whom were all so wonderful!!! Then the next day he helped us get our bus tickets and even though my sister and i made the mistake of reading the time wrong and almost missed the bus, he drove us himself to the bus station and cleared up our mistake.
Everywhere we had gone, if we mentioned we were staying at Goreme Valley Cave house everyone was like "with Ahmet! oh yea, he's a great guy". I guess its a small town so everyone knows each other, but it seemed like Ahmet and his family were already well known for being extremely welcoming and helpful.
The staff really goes out of there way to make you have a good time, and make your stay enjoyable. Other then that, the rooms are basic but nice, the location is great, I can't think of anything i would change. I noticed my sister's review is posted earlier, I know she was just as happy as I was with the experience. I would definitely recommend this place and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Estelation
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The Hotel is run by a family headed by Mr. Omar and his son. They are ever ready to go out of their way to help you get around the place, book tours/transfers, rent a bike.. whatever it is that you made need.

The room I booked came with breakfast, and I was the standard fare in Turkey- Bread, cheese, yoghurt, jams/preserves, sausages, tea/coffee.

The location was nice- close to the centre of town with all the restaurants within walking distance. It helped that the Bus station as 250mts from the hotel since we needed a bus to the next destination.

If you are looking to stay in a real cave, please give this a miss as this is not a cave hotel; its merely called a cave hotel. Also, the rooms were HOT- no fan, no air conditioning.. only 2 small windows in the room. No ventilation, no circulation. The room was just too hot. It didn’t help that the rooms were TINY and cramped.

All in all, the family that ran the place was really nice but I would not recommend anyone stay here. We paid 70 Euros for 2 people for 2 nights- But it was not worth it in the least. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Ahmet and his family made our trip unforgettable from the moment we walked into their hotel. We arrived early but they went out of their way to get our room ready immediately, offering us free breakfast while we waited. After a long day of walking around Goreme, Ahmet drove us up a mountain to see the sunset, and then invited us to dine with his family. The next day, he and his family arranged tours for us, waking up at 4am to make sure we were picked up on time, and helped us with our bus in the evening. Although the rooms are simple, the wonderful hospitality at Goreme Valley Cave House makes this pansiyon worth the visit. I could not have asked for better hosts in this wonderful country!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Taration
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We've at Goreme valley cave house with my family from june 27th for three days. The family who run the hotel is really welcoming. The pension is well located in goreme. I warmly advice this hotel, great view from the terracce ang good breakfast. It's like being at home.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family