“Great experience”
Review of Chelebi Cave House

Chelebi Cave House
Ranked #5 of 78 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed at this place for two nights. Originally planned to stay only one night, though. I just couldn't leave there, because of their great hospitality. I went there after revewing on this site and had no special plans. The owner is very helpful and organized my plans there perfectly on arrival. My room was spacious, comfortble, clean, and warm. I would highly recommend this place to stay. Thank you very much for all stuff during my stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank cherina14

Reviewed 13 January 2014

私はこのホテルに戻って来てほしい.

we stayed here one night and really enjoyed our stay.we want to thank to everybody here for making us feel like in our home.
we recommend this place to anybody who is passing by goreme.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank yotcan
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

I had a great time in Chelebi Cave house!! The owner is the nicest guy ever!! He helped us with everything we needed and had a great time just chewing the fat with him!! The plave is gorgeous with the cave rooms and classical/quaint decor of all the rooms. It's really a must-stay in your trip to Göreme. Trust me on this one.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Felipe C
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed at Chelebi Cave House for three nights in December 2013, and were deeply impressed in every way with the quality of the hotel, rooms and service. Ismail (or Smile as he is known), Harun and the entire staff was incredibly kind and sensitive to our every need at all hours of the day. From helping us with reservations with local tours, transportation, dining (check out Topdeck Cave Restaurant), and the local Turkish bath (at hotel discount!), the excellent hospitality that Turkey is renowned for was on full display at Chelebi Cave House.

I must also add that the Sakura Room we stayed in was totally atmospheric, beautiful, and most importantly, WARM, during what were some pretty chilly nights up in the mountains. Staying in a cave was a completely new experience for me, and you'll also find it to be quite cozy!

Here are some other highlights of our stay:

-Fantastic hospitality, multilingual staff (I overheard conversations even in Japanese!)
-Tea is offered whenever they see you
-Complimentary breakfast was freshly prepared and plentiful
-Rooms are clean, intimate and atmospheric. Free Wi-Fi worked without any problems.
-Great view from the terrace (you might even be able to play with a friendly wandering cat, like I did)
-Complimentary shuttle service from Goreme was very helpful upon arrival
-Being in a small town, everyone knows everyone else and the overall vibe is warm, rich and international

I've stayed in some nice hotels around the world in my life, but Chelebi Cave House is magnificently memorable. I hope the new friends I've made there will come visit New York some day!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank JustinTedaldi
Reviewed 6 January 2014

在十二月零下十幾度的寒冬, 在這裡住了兩個晚上, 這間民宿是我在土耳其/歐洲旅行中最好的, 不愧是第一名的評價, 空間非常寬敞, 富有當地風俗文化的擺, 充足的暖氣, 當然更棒的是這裡的民宿主人, 讓旅客有家的感覺, 兩兄弟都很熱情, 總是樂於提供旅遊建議, 也隨時可以喝到熱騰騰的土耳其茶(也是我在旅程中喝到最好的), 下次有機會一定會再入住. i stayed there for two nights during very cold winter in Dec. I wish I could stay longer as this place is for sure the best place I have stayed during my trip in Turkey/Europe. No surprisinly it is No.1 on the list. The room is spacious, the decoration is rich in local culture, and the atmosphere is cosy. The owners, two super friendly brothers, are very helpful and the travel advice they provided are very good. I will definitely stay there again if there is chance. Best luck on the new restaurant open bro!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Fuding
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed at Chelebi for 2 nights and could not have been happier with our stay. Upon arrival we were graciously invited in for tea and an explanation of things to do/potential tour groups that they recommend. Upon saying we weren't interested in guided tours he said that is fine, but he'd still like to provide us with his opinion of the best places to go.

Later we went back to look for a recommendation on a balloon ride company saying we were concerned about poor weather and still having to pay/fly in bad visibility. He said not to worry, he would handle the booking for us with one of the companies, and at any time before getting in the basket we could bail out at no charge if we thought the weather conditions were not good. Additionally, he had faith that the company would cancel if the weather was bad. Sure enough the weather was poor and we had no issue cancelling with no charge to us.

Beyond that the breakfast was incredible, the room comfortable and the surroundings idyllic. If you want to stay in Goreme, you should choose to stay here.

Room Tip: Choose the deluxe cave room, you won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank bsteers
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed for 2 nights. On the day we arrived, we received a free upgrade to a bigger room because of its availability. And during our stay, the owner is very hospitable and helpful. He readily helped to call my guide when I needed find out about my appointments. Nice, cosy rooms (especially in the cold winter) designed by the owners themselves! The room we stayed in has a big bathroom. The location is also great, right in the centre of Goreme Town.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family