Chelebi Cave House
US$36
US$59
US$53
Travelocity
All reviewsturkeycave houserose jamhomemade jamsgreen tourballoon rideamazing breakfastexcellent hoststhe ownerbig roomhotel staytwo nightsgreat adviceairport transferfew minutes walka family run hotelevery morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I've never written a review here, but I just have to give Chelebi one because it totally deserves it. My friend and I stayed at Chelebi Cave House for 3 nights, and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. The rooms were amazing - spacious, warm, and beautifully designed. The breakfast was great - best way to start the day and we always felt so full we didn't even need to have lunch. The staff were all very friendly, humble, and extremely helpful. But most of all, the owner was simply one of the most hospitable persons I've ever met throughout my travels. I arrived in Goreme with a broken suitcase, which meant I'd need to get a new one within the 3 short days I was in the city. The owner assured me that there's nothing to worry about. The next morning, he drove me to Nevsehir (about 15 mins away) to help me find a new suitcase. He even bargained it down for me, since I don't speak any Turkish. And throughout our stay, he helped us with pretty much everything we needed, answered any question we had. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough, and I sure will come back here the next time I'm in Goreme!

Room Tip: We stayed the first night in room 1 (a cave room, which was incredible), and the last 2 nights in room 5 (which was also beautiful).
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank greenbear88
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed here for two nights, during the off season. From the beginning, until the end, service was impeccable. They arranged our transport to and from the hotel for a competitive price, the room was clean, warm, with a fantastic bed and very comfortable furnishings (we stayed in room 1, with the glass covered floor tandoori). Breakfast there is opulent, with copious amounts of delicious food. The people running this establishment are incredibly friendly, supremely helpful, providing fantastic advice regarding local services and establishments. The terrace provides a great view of the town, the location is a short easy walk to local bars and places to eat/shop. I would stay here again without question, and hope to soon. Thanks!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Brandon H
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The Seyyah room is absolutely unbelievable. You won't believe how an old cave has been transformed into a fancy hotel. And it's walking/scooting distance from everywhere in Cappadocia!

Also, the management is absolutely top notch. Our passports got lost in the mail and sent back to this hotel (our return address) -- they put our package back in the mail for us right away! We were so relieved!

Thank you guys for an amazing visit!! :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed at this place for two nights. Originally planned to stay only one night, though. I just couldn't leave there, because of their great hospitality. I went there after revewing on this site and had no special plans. The owner is very helpful and organized my plans there perfectly on arrival. My room was spacious, comfortble, clean, and warm. I would highly recommend this place to stay. Thank you very much for all stuff during my stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank cherina14
Reviewed 13 January 2014

私はこのホテルに戻って来てほしい.

we stayed here one night and really enjoyed our stay.we want to thank to everybody here for making us feel like in our home.
we recommend this place to anybody who is passing by goreme.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends