“Incredible service, great location”
Review of Chelebi Cave House

Chelebi Cave House
Ranked #5 of 72 Hotels in Goreme
Clive, Iowa
“Incredible service, great location”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

From the moment we checked in to the hotel through our 3 night stay, Harun and his staff went out of their way to take care of our many needs. I`m sure the small size of the hotel (5 rooms) is a big part of the reason that the service can be so attentive. We were given advice on sites to see, restaurants, transportation options, and reliable service providers. All of them turned out as presented, which made for a very enjoyable trip. The room was huge and clean, and adequately appointed. The locatıon is great, very near the center of Goreme wıth its many shops and restaurants, and very close to an excellent restaurant that we made a return visit to. Speaking of eating, the breakfasts provıded at the hotel were top notch, with a wide variety of tasty food in a quantity that ensured you did not go away hungry. Harun alone made the stay very worthwhile. We definitely will return to Chelebi Cave House without even considering any other area hotels on our next visit to the Cappadocia, it was that great of an experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CornConnoisseur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

It was a highlight of my trip in Turkey to experience such a unique hotel with such an amazing service. I highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Cappadocia. Our staff always made us feel welcome and checked up on us. They are the type of people who are genuinely nice to their guests and take pride in good and honest services. They only recommend good places and tours (out of all the options, they select the best ones. That is how I found out about Butterfly Balloons which is the best air balloon company in town. Check their reviews!) I stayed in Sakura with my mom and will always remember the special cave hotel.

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Cocoisablackcat
La Jolla, California
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Our five days at Chelebi were wonderful. We stayed in a fantastic room- a cave with an area on the side where gra[es were crushed and flowed into a another part of the wall. There was a glass covered fire pit in the center where dwellers slept around the fire. It was lovely and authentic. The proprietor, Mr. Ali, couldn't have been more accommodating and always giving us the inside scoop on all attractions and restaurants. His guidance made our visit to Cappadocia so memorable. Plus, breakfasts (in a cave room, too) was excellent. We loved it and would highly recommend this marvelous cave hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank patricia817
Denizli
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

We spent our honeymoon in this amazing place. They welcomed us very well. We really thank to Mr Harun and his assistan Mr Ali. We wish we went Chelebi Cave House before and we think that we are really lucky to met with them. Thank you so much for every thing my bro.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Asaf0413
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I've never written a review here, but I just have to give Chelebi one because it totally deserves it. My friend and I stayed at Chelebi Cave House for 3 nights, and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. The rooms were amazing - spacious, warm, and beautifully designed. The breakfast was great - best way to start the day and we always felt so full we didn't even need to have lunch. The staff were all very friendly, humble, and extremely helpful. But most of all, the owner was simply one of the most hospitable persons I've ever met throughout my travels. I arrived in Goreme with a broken suitcase, which meant I'd need to get a new one within the 3 short days I was in the city. The owner assured me that there's nothing to worry about. The next morning, he drove me to Nevsehir (about 15 mins away) to help me find a new suitcase. He even bargained it down for me, since I don't speak any Turkish. And throughout our stay, he helped us with pretty much everything we needed, answered any question we had. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough, and I sure will come back here the next time I'm in Goreme!

Room Tip: We stayed the first night in room 1 (a cave room, which was incredible), and the last 2 nights in ro...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank greenbear88
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed here for two nights, during the off season. From the beginning, until the end, service was impeccable. They arranged our transport to and from the hotel for a competitive price, the room was clean, warm, with a fantastic bed and very comfortable furnishings (we stayed in room 1, with the glass covered floor tandoori). Breakfast there is opulent, with copious amounts of delicious food. The people running this establishment are incredibly friendly, supremely helpful, providing fantastic advice regarding local services and establishments. The terrace provides a great view of the town, the location is a short easy walk to local bars and places to eat/shop. I would stay here again without question, and hope to soon. Thanks!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Brandon H
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The Seyyah room is absolutely unbelievable. You won't believe how an old cave has been transformed into a fancy hotel. And it's walking/scooting distance from everywhere in Cappadocia!

Also, the management is absolutely top notch. Our passports got lost in the mail and sent back to this hotel (our return address) -- they put our package back in the mail for us right away! We were so relieved!

Thank you guys for an amazing visit!! :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple