“Great accommodation, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chelebi Cave House

Chelebi Cave House
Ranked #4 of 69 Hotels in Goreme
“Great accommodation, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

The Chelebi Cave House Hotel was one of the best places we stayed on our trip through Turkey. The staff were all helpful and friendly and we were upgraded to a cave room at no extra cost. The rooms were huge and very clean and tidy. This hotel also served the best breakfast that we had the whole time we were in Turkey! Our hosts provided us with good information on things to do and where the best places to eat were in the area. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay there again.

7 Thank Debra G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for two nights. The owner was so kind and friendly,willing to answer you any questions politely, which makes me feel like home. On the top of that, it's a very nice cave hotel that you can't miss in turkey!

6 Thank honestfox0626
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

This is quite simply the most wonderful place you could ever wish for. An intimate boutique cave hotel perfectly situated for your trip to cappadocia. We were looked after as if we were family with Aaron and Ali going out of their way to help us at every turn. To say the place is special and the customer service excellent is an understatement. We had a breakfast of rosewater jam fresh breads eggs and salad in a stone courtyard looking out at fairy chimneys. Nothing was too much trouble... Really I could go on but just book it already.

7 Thank Jono C
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Chelebi is lovely. Combine first class rooms and amenities with a kahvalti that never ends. Harun, the host, at midnight upon our arrival insisted on finding us something to eat and whipped up the most delicious French Toast with his own two hands. He was helpful and hospitable beyond our expectations, going above and beyond time and time again. I hope we'll be back to Goreme, and if we are, we'll be here.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank tdowns08
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

My wife and stayed here for 3 nights and were very impressed with everything, Harun and the staff were fantastic and nothing is too much trouble, the rooms are fantastic and the whole place is spotless and well looked after, breakfasts amazing, hospitality sensational! Definitely recommend staying here. Location is also perfect. 10 out of 10.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very comfortable and spacious, there is one smaller room that offers a great spa b...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Daryl W
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I was little nervous to travel alone in Turkey since I'm a lady, I don't speak the language, and haven't been to that part of the world before, but I felt so safe here! The hotel is a very quick walk to the town center, where you can find tons of little shops with all of the typical tourist swag and plenty of restaurants. The are is well-lit, and there were a lot of people out-and-about, especially over the weekend.

The hotel itself is charming. I stayed in Room 4, which was even larger than it looked in the pictures. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was modern and clean. There was a large bottle of water waiting for me in the room on check-in, and there is a tea kettle with a selection of tea bags available in the room. The view from the room is breathtaking.

I received an email a few days before check-in letting me know about all of the services the hotel offers: arranging tours and transportation to and from the airport. I arranged the airport transfer over email, and once I arrived, the front desk attendant (maybe it was the owner?) was very friendly and helped me arrange a day tour and an appointment at the nearby Turkish bath (which I highly recommend).

The breakfast was huge. Like I said, I was traveling alone, and I noticed that I got the same amount of food as the couple sitting next to me (a basket of bread that must have comprised an entire loaf, boiled egg, cucumbers, olives, french toast, and all of the jams/jellies, honey, and cheese you can pair with those things).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
8 Thank Amy S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Harun and Ali are terrific. And the property is really nice. They clearly love the place. Cave rooms are great, wish we had booked the larger one though. Also, wish we had stayed longer. We were there as a family for 2 days (husband, wife, two boys 9 & 6). The little 'extra' touches made the difference. Several examples: we were sitting and enjoying a drink one day in the courtyard, and Ali brought out this nice tray of fruits. At our invitation, Harun joined us and as we were chatting, told us how he used to work for Ali's father. He used to also play in the same courtyard growing up as a child, although he bought the place only a year ago. Harun introduced us to the chef at top deck (which is worthy of its own review and a six-star rating), a nearby restaurant, who cooked an awesome meal for us (we are vegetarians). On the last day, we were leaving early, and they made sure we had breakfast before we left (well before their normal breakfast time). Organized a very nice balloon trip. Gave us great ideas to do our own green/red tour (we were driving). Felt very much at home. We wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else if we return to Goreme. Lastly, I travel a lot and don't ever write reviews. This stay really moved me to want to throw in a good word.

Room Tip: Take the bigger cave room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

4 Thank Venugopal K