We were not disappointed as we drove up the hill and saw this natural wonder. We spent 3 nights in the Kale rooms which was big, airy and magnificent views over Goreme. This family run hotel cave is welcoming and situated with perfect views overlooking the valleys or Goreme. It is an easy walk into town. Our host Unal who was very informative and helpful before our arrival and most certaily during our stay. Unal definitely made our experience one to remember and was very engaging and happy to share his thoughts. We went to a restaurant on his recommendation called, Topdeck cave restaurant - the food was excellent. We went there on our first and last night. The family run restaurant is a must visit. Book ahead to avoid disappointment. On our 2nd night Unal's sister, Guljan who owns the Fairy Chimney Inn with her husband Anders cooked dinner. It was yummy. the FCI is also a perfect location should you wish to view the hot air balloons from the top terrace. The Goreme open air museum and rose valley is walking distance. Book a tour to visit Ilhara Valley and the underground city of Derinkuyu. A breathtaking experience and much thanks to Unal for his generosity and time. This was definitely the highlight of our trip to Turkey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carefully restored cave-cone complex from Byzantine times with best views to the unique Cappadocian landscape. Authentic and almost private atmosphere, bordering on the bohemian. International management. World wide first and only cave-haman, WLan and all kind of service & advice. Free tea and sympathy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotel.de so you can book your Fairy Chimney Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairy Chimney Hotel Goreme
- Fairy Chimney Inn Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey