We have been traveling for almost two months in Greece and Turkey. This hotel was our most expensive, but far from the best. The location is spectacular,but we thought the service and facilities very ordinary.
We arrived late in the afternoon, and we're shown to our room by the only one of the four young men about who spoke some English. The part cave room was fine except that the concrete shower and toilet area was not just outside the room, but across a small courtyard partly overlooked by the outside breakfast area. The advice not to book the Cukur room is sound.
We think they have a communication problem. There was no hotel information in the room such as when is breakfast, and can we clean our teeth with the tap water.
When we booked a ballon flight through the hotel, we had to visit the balloon company to determine our early morning pickup time.
This hotel appeared to have little covered public space. We wondered how they managed in wet weather, which does occur in Goreme
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carefully restored cave-cone complex from Byzantine times with best views to the unique Cappadocian landscape. Authentic and almost private atmosphere, bordering on the bohemian. International management. World wide first and only cave-haman, WLan and all kind of service & advice. Free tea and sympathy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Fairy Chimney Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairy Chimney Hotel Goreme
- Fairy Chimney Inn Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey