We stayed here for 5 nights and it was totally magical. Arrived very early in the morning on the bus and got a taxi up the steep hill! The owners did not mind that we arrived at 6 am and quickly made us breakfast and sorted out our room. Everyone speaks perfect English and are very hospitable. Andus who runs the hotel with his wife is also an expert on the area so can really help you decided where to visit. He is very knowledgeable and great to chat to over a glass of wine. We were told our room was modest and it was far from it. Built into the fairy chimney, the bedroom was large and decorated with traditional Turkish furniture, the bathroom was cave like with the most incredible views from the window. What made the room fantastic was that it up an upstairs. A large lounge with Kilims and cushions. An excellent place to chill out and lookout on to the breathtaking views. The hotel has a lovely court yard where you can eat breakfast (which was very good) and drink wine in the evening. You are also invited to eat with other guests and the family in the evenings for a very modest price.
We also borrowed their car which was incredibly cheap, a faction of the price of hiring a car in town. We would definitely go back, it is an incredible place and by far the best place to stay in Goreme. We loved it and will go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carefully restored cave-cone complex from Byzantine times with best views to the unique Cappadocian landscape. Authentic and almost private atmosphere, bordering on the bohemian. International management. World wide first and only cave-haman, WLan and all kind of service & advice. Free tea and sympathy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Fairy Chimney Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairy Chimney Hotel Goreme
- Fairy Chimney Inn Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey