“Wonderful location - friendly and helpful staff”
Review of SOS Cave Hotel

SOS Cave Hotel
Ranked #18 of 78 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Loved our stay here. Great location overlooking a valley near entrance to Pigeon Valley & opposite Esentepe Viewpoint.
There is an outside patio dining area & rest area to appreciate the balloons every morning - some gliding right overhead or in the valley opposite or the sunshine and the sunset.
Staff all very friendly and gave helpful advice & assistance - nothing too much trouble.
Watch out for the somersaulting pigeons!
We had a Standard room, which we preferred as there was a balcony right outside our door with an even higher view over Goreme.
Breakfast was good. Nice crusty rolls every day and a good selection of meat. cheese, spreads, fruit, cereals & drinks.
Musa the manager really cares about his guests and his business.

Room Tip: Standard Rooms have a nice shared balcony and windows, so get the sun. Great for summer.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmb88
There are newer reviews for SOS Cave Hotel

Reviewed 30 September 2011

Very helpful staff who ensures that each guest's travel plans are fulfilled by calling tour operators and verifying information. Nice views from the outside patio. Good breakfast

Room Tip: Try not to be placed in the rooms at the back of the inn. You will feel that you are not part of the...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I stayed with my husband in September, 2011. This Pansion is located on corner of hill and is very close walking distance from bus stop. The view from hotel was stunning. Especially, watch sunset while you have dinner. The room was clean enough. Best thing in this hotel was about people. Musa and other staffs were trying to help you in every way they could do. For example, I almost missed my balloon ride because of balloon company's mistake. But, one of staff called"Handsome guy" gave us a ride to the location at 6:30am! In addition, they felt so sorry about what happened in my balloon ride(very long story). He gave me a free wine bottle as a gift before I leave. You will not get this kind of hospitality from any other city's hotel in Turkey. Musa and handsome guy are talking to you all the time to make sure you are satisfied also. In addition, they allowed us to take a shower again after I checked out which I spent whole day out before my bus ride to another city. I asked same thing while I was in Selcuk,but it didn't worked out. They were not care about you after you checked out. In this way, SOS is really try to please you and care about you. Highly recommended! I also had pottery kebap as dinner and it was excellent! Thanks, SOS and we will stop by some point later again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dy1966
Reviewed 13 September 2011

My wife and I stayed there while in Turkey. We couldn't have been happier with the location. The food was great and the owner shops for local organic products for every meal. All of our needs were met and all you have to do is ask if you want something extra. Musa arranged everything that we wanted to do for us and made sure that we were the last on and first off the tour bus.

For future travelers take note the man is not a mind reader if you want something please tell him. He spends a lot of time talking to every guest, each time I was in the public area I saw him talking to someone, making sure everything was going well.

We plan on going back to Cappadocia and are going to stay there for a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank James P
Reviewed 28 August 2011

NIce, family owned cave hotel. Great view from outdoor patio. Rooms was quiet and very interesting. On the edge of town , so quiet at night. Great sunset view from deck. Bathroom - large with big shower. Would stay there again. Lots of places to stay in this area, some are bigger and better looking, but considering how much time is spent in the room, this is a good bargin.

Room Tip: Get a cave room
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank twoscratchy
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Hotel has a good location and very helpful staff. In fact, I had arranged for an airport shuttle with a travel agent ealry in the morning to take me to Kayseri airport. For some reason the pick up did not arrive. The hotel staff co-ordinated with my agent and personally dropped us to the next town Urugup where the agent was located, at no extra cost. This was a great gesture.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amit V
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I have stayed in this hotel for only 1 night, I have no complains about the hotel, view is amazing, people working there are friendly and room was beatiful with a balcony above the fairy chimneys.

BUT the thing that you may be aware is: They have a restaurant but they dont serve you food unless you made a FOOD reservation from the morning. HUH? What about the ones who come late, late flights, late buses?

I tried to ask them to cook me something ( the restaurant was open and they were serving food) but they all ignored my request. Because I didnt make a food reservation from morning! weird! Its a hotel and your client is hungry !!!!!!!!

What they did was to advise me to walk from the hill to down town in middle of night, I had to walk in very dark streets where there were a lot of street dogs.

Even tho the hotel itself is good but because of this awkard, weird, non acceptable FOOD SYSTEM (!) I ll NEVER stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo