“Magical. Period.”
Review of SOS Cave Hotel

SOS Cave Hotel
Ranked #20 of 77 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We stayed here as part of a package organized by Pride Travel in Istanbul. It was an amazing experience. Musu, the proprietor, was exceptionally courteous and hospitable. The rooms were cozy and charming, taking us back in time to a simpler day. And the scenery all around from the upper outdoor terrace, where meals were served, was out of this world. Breakfast was sumptuous. i would recommend strongly to anyone looking for a unique, different experience. The hot air balloon ride is a must, even with the 4:30 am start time.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Jim H
Management response:Responded 30 June 2012

Dear ,

İt was nice to hear from you.First of all thanks for the lovely review.As I told you when we were talkingthis is my house not my bussines.So people who stay here our my guest not my custemer.So we treat them like a member of our family.We try to be there when our guest need help.When some body get ill we take them to the hospital ,try to do any madical treatmen.S.O.S Cave is more then a hoetel for me.İts like my house and you are my family.My goal is to meet some how ,some where with my guest.
The best part of my job is to hear from the people who stayed with again.This is more important then any other thing.

By the way you are always welcome to our hotel(house)...We wish you very healthy and happy live..
Musa

Reviewed 9 June 2012

Thouroughly happy with this hotel! The staff was great and helpful. The breakfast was a great spread and the place was beautiful and clean!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Grace A
Reviewed 14 May 2012

The SOS Cave Pansion was a wonderful base in Goreme to visit the area we had decided for a short holiday. From the moment we arrived the staff were so friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. We were made very welcome and any queries we had were dealt with in a courteous and helpful way. Musa was especially helpful when my son became unwell, he drove us to hospital and stayed with us acting as our interpreter, helped by taking us to a pharmacy to get the medication and then to a store to get suitable food for my son. When we got back to the hotel Musa would not take any money for all the help he had given us.
I tasted a wonderful pudding then was duly given the recipe for it - as yet to try it - and every morning at breakfast we were able to watch the making of and then were able to taste stuffed pancakes - could food be fresher?
I would certainly recomment this small friendly hotel to anyone wanting to explore Cappadocia.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank suzanne f
Management response:Responded 30 June 2012

Dear ,

İt was nice to hear from you.First of all thanks for the lovely review.As I told you when we were talkingthis is my house not my bussines.So people who stay here our my guest not my custemer.So we treat them like a member of our family..When some body get ill we take them to the hospital ,try to do any madical treatmen.S.O.S Cave is more then a hoetel for me.İts like my house and you are my family.My goal is to meet some how ,some where with my guest.

Musa&Sinan

Reviewed 7 April 2012

This small but comfortable hotel has a nice view, is in a good location, has free internet...but what made it special was the local stuffed bread for breakfast made by 2 wonderful ladies, the chats with the owner/workers while drinking tea in the sitting area in the evening and them sharing their dinner with me, allowing me to use their washer/dryer...felt like i was part of a family. The owner also tries to do mostly organic.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
12  Thank Michelle C
soscave, Manager at SOS Cave Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Dear Michelle,

İt was nice to hear from you.First of all thanks for the lovely review.As I told you when we were talkingthis is my house not my bussines.So people who stay here our my guest not my custemer.So we treat them like a member of our family.Anything I dont buy for my house I dont buy for my hotel.I always try to buy healthy food.We want our guest to feel like they are at home.We try to be there when our guest need help.When some body get ill we take them to the hospital ,try to do any madical treatmen.S.O.S Cave is more then a hoetel for me.İts like my house and you are my family.My goal is to meet some how ,some where with my guest.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

We had a great room (with Jacuzzi) with plenty of heat which was good as it was -15C one of our mornings in February. They promptly picked us up at the bus station although it's not that far of a walk (8-10mins). They have a nice breakfast /common area with fantastic views of the Fairy Chimneys. Free WIFI! Our room was nice and cosy. There was a tv but we never turned it on. The guys running the hotel are very friendly and informative (they answered all of my questions with great advice)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
13  Thank herzog63
soscave, Manager at SOS Cave Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Thank you for your kind interestand wonderful review,
We are very glad that you enjoyed cappadocia sos cave hotel It was pleasure to welcome you and forward to greeting once again at sos cave hotel

Reviewed 12 March 2012

This is the great hotel the service is just great. Ther staff will try to help you to fullfill you every wish specialy the Manager Huseyin .
The view in the morning is unique and something you should see.
The food is great as well, I can just highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank nicole x

Thank you for your kind interestand wonderful review,

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Spent about 4 days here. Musa was the perfect host. Helpful and informative. Would come back with no hesitation. Nice cave rooms, great views, excellent food. Musa took us to the local market in Avinos where he bought food for the pension restaurant. Made a special effort for my wife's 65th birthday.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank Dimmel58

Thank you very much for your great review,