“The management here is outstanding. They made my entire trip easy and enjoyable. They individualize each guest's stay and make e”
Review of SOS Cave Hotel

SOS Cave Hotel
Ranked #21 of 69 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed 28 October 2012

This hotel is conveniently located just outside the town center. I called from Istanbul and Sinan booked me online immediately and followed up via text and email. He picked me up from the station, booked all my tours, and made my trip easy, comfortable and enjoyable. The management went way out of their way to help me and make my trip wonderful!

The setting is breathtaking, and each morning they serve home-made potato and cheese pancakes, along with a delicious breakfast buffet. The rooms are spotless and the wifi is perfect. The service here is absolutely top notch.

The management even booked me a hotel in Ankara, my next stop. This was the most hassle-free stay I have ever had anywhere in the world. I would return and recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Cappadoccia. Both Sinan and his brother speak perfect English. It is unbeatable!!! You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Firewheel17

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 22 October 2012

The hotel has a good location with brilliant views. My room was small, but had a lovely balcony. Breakfast was very good, and the managers were warm and helpful. Price was quite reasonable. I would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank TYCHON
Trinidad
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Hotel Manager, Musa, really brought out the red carpet, so to speak, during our stay for the last 2 days of our September holidays at the SOS Cave Hotel.
He took care of our itinerary, from ballooning in the Cappadocia mountains with Atmosfer Balloons, booking the Whirling Dervish Ceremony and the Green Tour with Andromeda Tours, and offered us a private tour around Goreme.
The personal service from Musa of taking us to see fairy chimneys, to experience a camel ride, to see a traditional family make grape jam, together with visiting skilled jewellery makers and pottery experts at work, made all the difference. Musa topped it all off by taking us for the best Baklava and Turkish Ice Cream made from goat’s milk, following a hearty pide lunch.
Thanks again to Musa’s brother, Sinan, and the rest of the staff who were extremely helpful and pleasant at all times. We shall always remember my lesson in gozleme-making for breakfast and the breathtaking view from SOS’s verandah with the balloon-filled blue skies.
SOS Cave Hotel: you’ve made us want to do it all over again.
Thanks again,
Giselle and Caryl Welch
Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 2012Gisl
Newtonmore
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Really enjoyed our stay at the SOS. A great location with good rooms. But best of all was the fantastic personal service. I'd definitely recommend this hotel and if I ever make it back to Goreme, I'll try to book in there again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Margaret W
Trinidad
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Had a fantastic experience at SOS. Musa took care of us personally and provided a great private tour of the area on our first day in addition to arranging for our other tours and the Balloon Tour. Musa and Sinan provided detailed and comprehensive information during the booking process which led me to book with them in the 1st place. I was not disappointed at all. The view from the breakfast terrace was outstanding. Will recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kamitz
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We were thrilled with the service and hospitality of the pension. The view from the terrace was outstanding and the rooms had lovely bathrooms and very comfy beds. Since it was hot outside it was a relief to come back to a cool room to sleep in. The location of the pension is a bonus as it is a brief walk away from the hustle of the main tourist area. That means a quiet nights sleep and no traffic in the early morning. Musa and the staff went way beyond the normal service one usually receives at any hotel. They also are adamant about serving organic fruit and vegetables for the morning meal. Very tasty! We discovered Musa ( the owner) has an extensive history of guiding throughout Turkey so he was a wealth of information and he also has contacts for different activities one may want to pursue. All our tours and drivers were booked efficiently and timely. We would definitely stay there again. Musa speaks very good English and communicating by email for our reservations went very smoothly.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Though staying at this hotel just for 2 nights, we had great times there.
Location is great and every staff are very kind and willing to help us for sightseeing in Cappadocia. Escpeailly, owner guided us around so that we could visit some local placese where travellers seldome go. So, I enjoed typical delicious cuisine at locala restaurant.
I was happy to stay at this hotel!
Thank you for your kind hospitality!!!
Aya