“Amazing view, welcoming...”

Ranked #20 of 72 Hotels in Goreme
Woodacre,CA
“Amazing view, welcoming...”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

My husband and I spent four nights at the SOS Cave Hotel in May. We arrived quite late by shuttle van that was arranged by Musa at the hotel. I had not eaten and Musa and his brother and cousin generously made me a tasty dinner at 11:30pm and stayed up and chatted with us after a long day of travel. Each morning we had a lovely breakfast on the terrace and Musa and his family were always available to go over our maps and plans for the day and make suggestions. We enjoyed the Cave Room and amazing view from our front door. Housecleaning was impeccable and we enjoyed our big stone bed and the bathroom even had a tub, though we didn't use it. SOS is a perfect place to stay and only a short amble to Goreme central. In the midst of planning our month long trip, Musa even secured reservations for us in the town of Kas at hotel that we also enjoyed immensely.. Hotel Begonvil. We hope we will have a chance to return to Goreme, SOS Hotel and Musa and his brother and cousin in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Marina K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 24 May 2013

we felt very at home in sos cave hotel. nice rooms, very friendly staff, "the best view in town", superb breakfast. gorgeous terrace (reputedly the largest in town) with self-designed flower pots. one second after a general power cut the new generator switched on and saved us from a dark evening. the hotel manager is quick to offer advice of all sorts, leaving the final choice up to us. why is this hotel not in the lonely planet??

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank marjon g
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 May 2013

SERVICE
Staff are all very friendly and helpful. My friend fell sick and they promptly offered to send her to the hospital. They were very concerned and gave great advice.

HOTEL
Rooms are carved into caves providing a very unique experience. Sufficiently spacious and beds are comfortable.

BREAKFAST
Breakfast is good, sufficiently wide spread.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Chuajiayi
Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the SOS Cave Hotel for a week in April, 2013 while I was doing daily Cappadocia treks with Middle Earth Travel.
I couldn't have found a more welcoming reception which lasted the whole week. Someone on the friendly staff is always readily available with answers to questions or just a chat. At the end of a day of adventuring it was always great to return to the human warmth at the SOS Cave Hotel. Highly recommended.

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Susan C
San Jose, California, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Got to spend 3 nights in the "Luxury Cave Room." Fantastic room with a great view right outside the room. The room was very clean with bed making and new towels every day. Volcan (one of the worker there, speaks very good English) took me though and explained all the activities I was interested in and even made reservations for me.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Kohei M
Belmont, Australia
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We stay here 3 nights May 2013.
They made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived.
Musa and Volkan were fantastic hosts as were all the staff there.
They gave us very good advice on what to see and drove us to points of interest so we could walk back to the Hotel.
The breakfast was beautiful each day.
The rooms were well maintained.
Top marks for making this part of our Turkish holiday one we will always remember and treasure.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Julie E
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I spent 3 weeks in Turkey and this was my favorite hotel. I liked it so much I doubled my stay from 4 nights to 8 nights. The location in Goreme is perfect, because it has a gorgeous view and it is very quiet. There are many cave hotels in Goreme, but this one has the perfect location next to the trail to Pigeon valley and Uchisar where there are very few cars. You overlook the Goreme valley outside of the noisy touristy area and main streets, but everything is walking distance. They helped me book the shuttle from the airport and a day tour. The staff is the best part of the hotel. They are knowledgeable and very kind. I felt like part of the family and was very comfortable all of the time. I highly recommend the cave rooms, because it is a unique experience. I stayed in both types of rooms and they were both super clean and comfortable. The rooms have everything you need after a long day of hiking. The outdoor lounge areas area also quiet and comfortable. It also helps you meet other guests and have good conversations if you choose to. I highly recommend staying here, because not only is it a great value, it is the best hotel I stayed at in Turkey.

Room Tip: Get the cave room!!