“Great Location, affordable price, friendly owners”
Review of Hostel Terra Vista

Hostel Terra Vista
Ranked #12 of 33 Speciality Lodging in Goreme
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Location, affordable price, friendly owners”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hostel (Yes it's a hostel) with my parents in early May of 2014. The owners are two best friends who are an extremely helpful and friendly pair.

We arrived late at night and one of the owners welcomed us and helped us take the luggage to our room. The breakfast next morning was also cooked by them and you could just take the cereal, bread with honey and jam or ask them to prepare you any egg of your choice.

I had been in touch with the owners over email and they had booked the red & green tours along with the baloon ride for us. I found their service to be extremely efficient and never did I see them being grumpy.

The rooms don't have a kitchenette or a mini-bar, but you can ask them for an electric kettle for preparing tea/ coffee. A washing machine is there on the 1st floor along with detergent, which can be used by anyone. We had booked the only private room (rest of them are dorm rooms), and thus had no issues with a shared toilet.

There is a nice restaurant about a minute's walk down the slope from this hostel, which is run by a sweet Turkish family, where daddy prepares fresh bread, mommy cooks and the daughter serves. At about 2-3 minutes walk from the hostel, you can find a nice pub called Fat Boys, and another 2 minute's walk from there will take you to the main Goréme bus stand. A mid sized convenience store is also right across the street, although I suggest you stock up with toothpaste, tooth brush, soap, teabags, coffee and sugar sachets etc. before you come here, as Goréme is more expensive than the bigger cities.
This hostel is truly in the center of the town and if you are looking for a fairly reasonable place with affordable prices, you can not go wrong here. Make sure you ask the hotel owners to book you your desired tours well in advance, as their prices go up closer to your arrival dates. Plus they get you much better deals than you can get online or through an agent.
If I ever go back to Goréme, this is the place I will stay at.

• Stayed May 2014

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Turkish first
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The room's very clean and most importantly, the staff are very warm-hearted!! They really did make us feel like home. The shower and toilet situation is a bit grim but we've only paid this much after all.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2014

A very good little hostel, excellent value for money. The staff was very helpful in booking a hot air balloon trip for much less than most other and the trip was very good. Definitely worth a stay when you are in the town

• Stayed June 2014
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Cheap, and good rooms. The staff was good, nothing spectacular though. The showers were lacking, but if you waited long enough they got hot. The location was absolutely superb, the breakfast was better than the standard faire, and the view from the terrace was amazing.

• Stayed May 2014
Qingdao, China
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I picked this hostel because they had great reviews, and they didn't disappoint. The staff are this hostel were great- extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the area. They were able to offer some great deals on balloon rides and tours around the area, and I'm really glad that I took them up on their suggestions because I had a great time!

I stayed in the winter, and the common area was still quite toasty. The room came with a heat lamp that I could use if it was too cold, but I didn't need it as the blankets were quite sufficient. Breakfast was great, and it was a nice change from the typical buffet served in most hostels. I highly recommend this hostel and regret that I could only stay for a few nights!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank skgall
Olsztyn, Poland
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This cosy and run but two cheerful guys place was a great stay for us. The breakfasts, included in the price were tasty and giving you energy for the whole day of sight seeing in beautiful Góreme. We recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My husband and I spent 3 nights in Terra Vista. The hostel has opened for 15 days since we arrived. Everything is excellent to me. We had a free delicious breakfast in the nice space decorated with Ottoman style. The room was clean everyday [though i booked dorm room]. The staff was friendly, helpful, good-speaking English. They helped us book a horse-riding tour. My first experience ever on the horse's back. I felt enjoyable very much.

The location is very convenient. A minute of walk to bus station, 5 mins to town's center.

Wifi signal in the room was very weak, but it didn't matter to us. A clean bad with warm, fresh-smelling blankets were all we needed after long day trekking.

I wish the hostel keeps running perfectly like this.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

terravistacappadocia, Manager at Hostel Terra Vista, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for stayed with us and for your review. We are still working on a better wifi signal for upstairs but ll fix as soon as possible.