“Wonderful rugs and prices”

Kervan Carpet & Kilim
Ranked #4 of 20 Shopping in Goreme
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Kervan Carpet & Kilim was established in 1978 by my father. We sell old and antique carpets woven in Anatolia in the same manner as they been have for centuries. Our source for these carpets is often from wedding dowries and those handed down from our ancestors. All carpets use natural vegetable dyes,unlike others sold commercially which are not of good quality.
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful rugs and prices”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Of the many rug stores in Turkey, I'm so glad to have purchased from Ibrahim's low-pressure shop. I was pretty picky given the large purchase and was curious about the history and symbols on the rugs. Ibrahim was patient and enjoyed explaining the history of particular rugs (upon request) and how the rugs differed in quality. In the end, he sold me a beautiful rug with brilliant colors, which arrived with no problem in the US. For the US, there were no extra fees other than the cost of the rug and shipping, which I paid to Ibrahim upon purchase. There were no surprise fees.

After I left Goreme, I was interested in a second rug and Ibrahim kindly emailed me pictures of various rugs. I didn't end up buying a second rug, but he was true to his service and patience.

I highly recommend this rug store in Goreme, if you want quality rugs and good prices, and a shop keeper with the patience to help you find something you like.

Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
“You Are Lucky if You Find Ibrahim's Shop”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I wasn't planning to buy a carpet in Turkey - I tired of the carpet sellers quickly in Istanbul. But Ibrahim's shop was small, and he was low-pressure and impressed me right away. Plus, he has the best carpets! The day after I was at his shop, I was whisked away to a carpet factory after a tour and those salesmen tried to tell me that Ibrahim's carpets were not "Turkish" and that I would be sorry if I didn't buy from them, with a certificate. (Their carpets were about $1,000 more than Ibrahim's.) After I checked into his business a little more, I did buy from him, and my carpet arrived home before I did. He is an honest businessman and I am so glad I bought from him instead of the big tourist machine company. He is the real deal, and you are lucky if you find him!!

Visited August 2014
Shanghai, China
“Great shopping experience!!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I must admit, we did no research about Turkish rugs before purchasing. We also only went to one shop. When we walked into Ibrahim's shop we were greeted with a smile and a personal tour of Turkish rug making. Ibrahim is very passionate about his craft and generally VERY pleasant to deal with. We left his shop feeling we got good value for the money we spent and were happy with our purchase.

Visited August 2014
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great shop”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We found our favorite rug at Kervan. We shopped at several stores and Kervan was by far the best. The hospitality and patience while we searched for the right rug was fantastic. Ibrahim worked with us to get the rug cleaned before it was shipped to us in the US, at no charge! I highly recommend stopping in the shop, having a glass of tea and shopping in a relaxing and low pressure atmosphere. You won't be disappointed!

Visited April 2014
“Excellent Hospitality”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Mr Ibrahim is a very hospitable and passionate person in his trade. We enter the shop and leave with a beautiful silk kilim carpet and made a friend. His prices is VERY reasonable and his shop exude an untold era of cappadoccia with his antique carpets and kilims. A MUST GO destination in cappadoccia!!

Visited June 2014