“SERVICE.”
Review of Guven Cave Hotel

Guven Cave Hotel
Ranked #35 of 77 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed 19 May 2011

If this was hole in the wall...pun not intended, I would have been 100% satisfied because of the great service. My wife got sick on our last day, so I stopped the owner (Mustafa) to ask where I could get some soup; and instead of answering he rushed me into his car and drove me to a restaurant where he communicated with them to get me what I needed.

Not only that but Jehan (sp?), his righthand man was always there asking us if we needed anything—I mean it, he would run down the stairs if he heard us coming (even before my wife was sick). He even had breakfast ready an hour earlier than normal because our shuttle left before 8.

The room we had was very nice, bed comfortable, great view. "Cave" hotels, I imagine in general have a problem with moisture, as the only ventilation is the windows, so everything was always slightly damp. But I wouldn't fault Guven for that. Just something to prepare yourself mentally for. Also, limit your shower time. Long Hot Shower=Room-Sauna.

Room Tip: Experience>Room
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adplusverb

Reviewed 15 May 2011

I was with a friend of mine at Guven Cave at the end of April, they were supposed to be three nights but in the end they were four ! Goreme is amazing, and we have enjoyed many of the top spots that it can offer. Staff guys Mustafa and Cihan made our staying a relaxing and funny experience, they provided us good advises for trekking, balloon flights and Turkish bath.
The hotel is very, very nice and friendly, breakfast is big and good (breakfast room is on the top flor of the hostel, in those days it was pretty cold so we had berakfasts in it, but there is also a pleasant terrace where I had a nice nip as soon as the sun came out).
For these reasons and many more you will see there, I really recommend to spend some days at Guven Cave Hotel !

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stefano043
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I stayed there with a friend a couple of weeks ago, it was a great experience, Mustafa and his staff are great, always willing to help, very kind and friendly, we really felt at home!
We hadn't prepared anything when we arrived to the hotel and Mustafa let us know what to do, what to visit, what was worth seeing and what was not without even asking! If we would find people like them in every place we went live would be much easier!

Thanks all of them!!!

Maria

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank maria_aviles
Reviewed 25 April 2011

My friend and I stayed at Guven just a few weeks ago and had a wonderful time. Mustafa is EXTREMELY helpful and gives wonderful advice about where to go, what to do, and how to plan your time in Cappodchia to make sure you get the best use of your time. The cave rooms are fantastic, the balcony is beautiful, and the staff is fantastic. Stay at Guven!!!

Room Tip: Say yes when Cihan offers you tea :)
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank aruch
Reviewed 18 April 2011

What makes this place great is that people that run it are very friendly. Let me introduce you to Mr Mustafa, the owner and operator of this cave hotel. Mustafa has been nothing but helpful during our three night stay in Cappadocia. All our requests were attended. The day we checked out, we had an early morning flight to catch to Istanbul so we left at 6am. Mustafa had got breakfast packed for us, which just showed that guest comfort was their primary goal.

Room Tip: The terrace has a nice view
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank galasince1983
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Had a fab stay at Guven. The shower was leaking a bit though, so bathroom floor was constantly wet. Make sure to set your alarms properly, as there is no sunshine into the room, its easy to miss a bus!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank bellaboklam
Reviewed 14 January 2011

We wanted to stay in one of the fancier cave hotels in Goreme, but couldn't afford a full 5 nights, so we opted for a high-low option, starting with 3 nights at Guven...it turned out moving to the nicer hotel was completely unnecessary. Guven was exactly what we were looking for with great cave and arch rooms, a simple but filling breakfast included and some of the best service I've ever found in a hotel anywhere. Mustafa was incredibly helpful before and during the trip...and not just because we were two young women traveling alone - we watched him interact with one of the most annoying and needy tourists I've ever come across and he never wavered in his enthusiastic attention for a second.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends