“Cool hotel, awesome staff.”
Review of Guven Cave Hotel

Guven Cave Hotel
Ranked #36 of 76 Hotels in Goreme
Bangkok, Thailand
“Cool hotel, awesome staff.”
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Stayed for 3 days and loved it. Good location and decent price.

The real hook about this place is the roof top terrace and incredibly accommodating staff. Cihan who works reception went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. One of the most hospitable gents I've met on this 20+ month trip I am on.

Free wifi, breakfast and all the tea or coffee you can drink. You'll enjoy your time there.

Rob aka http://stophavingaboringlife.com/

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank Shabl

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2011

Guven Cave Hotel was one of the highlights of our trip to Turkey. The service, atmosphere and view from the hotel were wonderful. Mustafa is a kind host and offers useful travel advice. Gilan (apologies for spelling error) is an amazingly hard worker; he was always present to greet us whenever we arrived and left the hotel and even woke up early to prepare breakfast for our 08:00 departure. The cave rooms are unique, but still offered modern comforts.

One piece of advice I would offer is to wait until you arrive in Goreme before booking a hot air balloon ride; Mustafa is very knowledgeable and will offer the best advice on rates and reliable companies.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank wideyedwunder
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 May 2011

If this was hole in the wall...pun not intended, I would have been 100% satisfied because of the great service. My wife got sick on our last day, so I stopped the owner (Mustafa) to ask where I could get some soup; and instead of answering he rushed me into his car and drove me to a restaurant where he communicated with them to get me what I needed.

Not only that but Jehan (sp?), his righthand man was always there asking us if we needed anything—I mean it, he would run down the stairs if he heard us coming (even before my wife was sick). He even had breakfast ready an hour earlier than normal because our shuttle left before 8.

The room we had was very nice, bed comfortable, great view. "Cave" hotels, I imagine in general have a problem with moisture, as the only ventilation is the windows, so everything was always slightly damp. But I wouldn't fault Guven for that. Just something to prepare yourself mentally for. Also, limit your shower time. Long Hot Shower=Room-Sauna.

Room Tip: Experience>Room
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Adplusverb
Bologna, Italy
Reviewed 15 May 2011

I was with a friend of mine at Guven Cave at the end of April, they were supposed to be three nights but in the end they were four ! Goreme is amazing, and we have enjoyed many of the top spots that it can offer. Staff guys Mustafa and Cihan made our staying a relaxing and funny experience, they provided us good advises for trekking, balloon flights and Turkish bath.
The hotel is very, very nice and friendly, breakfast is big and good (breakfast room is on the top flor of the hostel, in those days it was pretty cold so we had berakfasts in it, but there is also a pleasant terrace where I had a nice nip as soon as the sun came out).
For these reasons and many more you will see there, I really recommend to spend some days at Guven Cave Hotel !

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Stefano043
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I stayed there with a friend a couple of weeks ago, it was a great experience, Mustafa and his staff are great, always willing to help, very kind and friendly, we really felt at home!
We hadn't prepared anything when we arrived to the hotel and Mustafa let us know what to do, what to visit, what was worth seeing and what was not without even asking! If we would find people like them in every place we went live would be much easier!

Thanks all of them!!!

Maria

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank maria_aviles
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 April 2011

My friend and I stayed at Guven just a few weeks ago and had a wonderful time. Mustafa is EXTREMELY helpful and gives wonderful advice about where to go, what to do, and how to plan your time in Cappodchia to make sure you get the best use of your time. The cave rooms are fantastic, the balcony is beautiful, and the staff is fantastic. Stay at Guven!!!

Room Tip: Say yes when Cihan offers you tea :)
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank aruch
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 18 April 2011

What makes this place great is that people that run it are very friendly. Let me introduce you to Mr Mustafa, the owner and operator of this cave hotel. Mustafa has been nothing but helpful during our three night stay in Cappadocia. All our requests were attended. The day we checked out, we had an early morning flight to catch to Istanbul so we left at 6am. Mustafa had got breakfast packed for us, which just showed that guest comfort was their primary goal.

Room Tip: The terrace has a nice view
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple