“I hope to enjoy this hospitality again!”
Review of Guven Cave Hotel

Guven Cave Hotel
Ranked #36 of 76 Hotels in Goreme
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“I hope to enjoy this hospitality again!”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Our view of the hotel was coloured by the fact that we had an amazing host, Mustafa, who took superb care of us and gave us fascinating insights on local customs and traditions, which is most of the fun of travel. The hotel was in a stage of transition, getting bigger and better, and we saw it in an untidy state - this should have changed by now. The triple room was tight and the bath even smaller, but that really encouraged us to look outdoors at the magnificent view. The location was excellent, good view, yet just a few minutes downhill to the centre of Goreme. In our short stay we accomplished a lot, thanks to Mustafa’s initiatives and guidance.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank sbakhshi

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Best hostel of our trip. I highly recommend Guven Cave Hostel. The hotel was beautiful, the bed was comfortable, and the air conditioning was crucial. Breakfast is served on the top floor overlooking the town of Goreme. The hotel owner and staff were incredibly helpful and kind, and went out of their way to help us. Wonderful, wonderful place!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wanderdown
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 July 2011

This place is an excellent value for the price. Location is close to the village center and the view of the valley is beautiful. Breakfast is delicious and filling. The hilight is the staff. Owner Mustafa is knowledgeable about the area and gave me great recommendations on walking trails, day tours and balloon rides and arranged anything I choose to do. I never felt pressured to purchase anything from him though. All in all a wonderful and relaxing stay.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank smontgomery41
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2011

This is a quaint cave hotel - the rooms are all caves or arched stone rooms. The rooms are a little small, but usable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was simple but hearty every morning. You can watch the balloons rising in the morning while you eat. The owner was really helpful in making reservations for balloon trips and tours, and did not try to force anything on us. We had a slight problem with one tour, and he immediately called to complain.

Room Tip: The cave rooms don't have exterior windows.
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank flaphoto
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Stayed for 3 days and loved it. Good location and decent price.

The real hook about this place is the roof top terrace and incredibly accommodating staff. Cihan who works reception went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. One of the most hospitable gents I've met on this 20+ month trip I am on.

Free wifi, breakfast and all the tea or coffee you can drink. You'll enjoy your time there.

Rob aka http://stophavingaboringlife.com/

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank Shabl
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2011

Guven Cave Hotel was one of the highlights of our trip to Turkey. The service, atmosphere and view from the hotel were wonderful. Mustafa is a kind host and offers useful travel advice. Gilan (apologies for spelling error) is an amazingly hard worker; he was always present to greet us whenever we arrived and left the hotel and even woke up early to prepare breakfast for our 08:00 departure. The cave rooms are unique, but still offered modern comforts.

One piece of advice I would offer is to wait until you arrive in Goreme before booking a hot air balloon ride; Mustafa is very knowledgeable and will offer the best advice on rates and reliable companies.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank wideyedwunder
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 May 2011

If this was hole in the wall...pun not intended, I would have been 100% satisfied because of the great service. My wife got sick on our last day, so I stopped the owner (Mustafa) to ask where I could get some soup; and instead of answering he rushed me into his car and drove me to a restaurant where he communicated with them to get me what I needed.

Not only that but Jehan (sp?), his righthand man was always there asking us if we needed anything—I mean it, he would run down the stairs if he heard us coming (even before my wife was sick). He even had breakfast ready an hour earlier than normal because our shuttle left before 8.

The room we had was very nice, bed comfortable, great view. "Cave" hotels, I imagine in general have a problem with moisture, as the only ventilation is the windows, so everything was always slightly damp. But I wouldn't fault Guven for that. Just something to prepare yourself mentally for. Also, limit your shower time. Long Hot Shower=Room-Sauna.

Room Tip: Experience>Room
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple